Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Mirror relocation brackets  (Read 1156 times)

Offline flopicok

• Budget Lift
Mirror relocation brackets
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »
Hey guys,

I just bought a nice new set of relo bracets for my TJ. No problem to install... Or so I thought. The Torx bolts on my windshield are rusted in place. I don't want to strip them out (not exactly sure why Jeep would use tapered Torx bolts) but I need to get them out. I was wondering if anyone had some experience or helpful tips to accomplish this.

Once again CJA, thank you for your help!

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
Re: Mirror relocation brackets
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Ive never owned a TJ, but perhaps you can talk to a welder / fabricator on the site, (there are lots) and have them tack on a standard hex bolt with the head down. Then you can just turn the hex head and unscrew that torx bolt. You would obviously have to replace the bolt, but may be a viable option for you :)
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline slimbeam

• UberWheeler
  • 4" RE,3"body,35"rubber,dana 44 rear,sye,KEW winch
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
got same thing on my YJ , get a good bit you can use with a ratchet; all but 1 came out good the other one stripped so just drilled it out and put in a new torx bolt but make sure you put some copper coat or something on them so they wont rust in
I started out with nothing and so far I have most of it left

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:53 AM »
Hey guys,

I just bought a nice new set of relo bracets for my TJ. No problem to install... Or so I thought. The Torx bolts on my windshield are rusted in place. I don't want to strip them out (not exactly sure why Jeep would use tapered Torx bolts) but I need to get them out. I was wondering if anyone had some experience or helpful tips to accomplish this.

Once again CJA, thank you for your help!

make sure your turning it the right way   hahahah
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

make sure your turning it the right way   hahahah

Which would in reality be "the left way" ;)
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Which would in reality be "the left way" ;)

exactly .  as long as were all on the same page
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer