Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Dear: napa  (Read 5465 times)

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
Dear: napa
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »
Start rant

Thank you for selling me upper and lower ball joints part number 10459 and 10458 it was very nice and well priced with my AMA discount. To bad When I opened the boxes when I got home they were all different.

Thank you I know I can count on you to show me a variety of ball joints none of which are the ones I need.

/end rant
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:46:15 PM by .:.Dingman.:. »

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: Dear: napa
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:43 AM »
funny how you always find that out coincidently AFTER the store closes eh.....
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »
Yep it's okay they'll see me at 9am.

Dingman

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
Dear NAPA thank for selling me 6 spark plugs and when I opened the boxes only 3 had plugs in them. then argue with me saying I brook them and am trying to screw them.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:38:20 AM »
dear Napa.  fu(|<you for selling me a tube of grease for $13.50 before i saw the same thing at Auto Value for $6.  fu(|<you very much
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
So I went down there today and guess what none of them are close to being the right ball joint I'm giving them till 12 to get the right parts. We'll see how that goes.

Dingman

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 09:56:52 AM »
which napa did you go to. i use to go to the main warehouse and always had douche bags serve me. i started going to napa on 61 ave and 36 st SE, behind staples. there is an older dude there with a white beard. he always found what i needed and always got me the correct parts.

when i was in the main napa I asked for a special balljoint socket for the D44's they said no special tool exists of such sort and that i would have to go through ford. so after finding out about this other napa store, i went there and 5min later the guy had the right part number for me and said they have 5 in stock at the main napa store. you should have seen the embarrassed look on the guys face when I went back to the main store and gave him a napa part number. since then ive gone there all the time with no fail yet.

NAPA parts are way overpriced, I go there if I cant find the part elsewhere.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 10:02:07 AM »
I went to the one next to the owl (don't want to be rude and say which Napa I'm having problems with)

Dingman

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
I went to the one next to the owl (don't want to be rude and say which Napa I'm having problems with)

Dingman

Yeah I haven't had good results at that one either.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
I  get treated AWESOME at the  NAPA out in Cochrane. They even opened an account there for me so I can get a bit of a discount and the parts people there actually know what they are doing as well. Prices seem to vary quite a bit as compared to Canadian Tire. I can get fluids cheaper at CT but parts vary. The rad for my 5.9L ZJ was $80 cheaper at NAPA and had the correct tranny cooler fittings on it unlike the one for a 4.0 ZJ I bought at CT two months earlier.

I go thru a set of bearings in my D44 front almost every year. The 2nd time I ordered bearings thru NAPA they made it a stocked item.

I'm ok paying a bit more parts if the parts guy is knowledgeable and the parts are better quality.

I think its often got more to do with the person behind the counter as the company. Cochrane NAPA did have a cranky old fart there for awhile that couldn't do anything without a serial number but I just waited in the other line up and fortunately he didn't last long.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »
You hit the nail on the head cLAY. It's all about those one or two people who put the effort in to help you out.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
1/2 bottle of whisky post sorry for bad spelling and grammar.

I agree with the person making all the difference but after going through 10+ ball joints with the fellow at napa I can honestly say I am done with them and will take my business else where. As the old saying goes "one bad apple spoils the bunch"

Dingman
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:36:13 PM by .:.Dingman.:. »

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »

" Hi, I need part XRF#25568"

"Is that for a 4-cylinder or a 6-cylinder?"

" Auto or standard?"

"But I just gave you the part number?" " Can't you guys just punch the part number into your computer?

"Ummmm....I'll go ask my supervisor"

You know what folks? I want a pony. Having a pony would be awesome. Do I have a pony? No.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »
You know what folks? I want a pony. Having a pony would be awesome. Do I have a pony? No.

Here ya go Noel,

http://hamilton.aderk.ca/1986-Hyundai-Pony-112000-km-1300-For_Sale-Other-_For_Sale/view18546/

Too bad its not red. :)
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »
i goto autovalue in midnapore................ everyone in there knows me by name.............. the guy i like to deal with is a 4th yr. apprentice or something, can't remember.  he knows his stuff, and has helped me tonnes in the past.  i deal specifically with AV because of him........ and only order through him and stuff.   

get a good parts guy and stick with him; its like having a good banker, lawyer, dentist etc.   

plus, he warranties my unit bearings every 6 months ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build