Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: where to get a TT, MM, and DS  (Read 2981 times)

Da_chopper

where to get a TT, MM, and DS
« on: June 11, 2005, 04:03:36 PM »
as the title says, where's the best and cheapest place for a flat skid for a tummy tuck, a 3/4" - 1" motor mount and a new drive shaft for a 05 rubicon.

Abrasive

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 04:23:48 PM »
Shawn: You have too much money. j/k

widowmaker.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 06:54:06 PM »
the rubicon experss catalog has a few tucks in there depending on if you want to go all the way flat or not but it sounds like you have lots of money :lol:  to spend so I've heard, the nth degree is the best but modern moters said it might take awhile to get the order

rubidoo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:06:57 PM »
I might have what you want, I sent you a PM.

Michael

Da_chopper

Re: where to get a TT, MM, and DS
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 09:46:38 PM »
Quote from: "Da_chopper"
cheapest

NSOR sells the teraflex one with a MM for $370, free shipping if you blow another $30 on something. The Nth one is nice but really pricey.  I have a RE 3.5" lift so new DS is definite.  

sooner or later the M/C has to reach a limit ;)

Mark_93YJ

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 04:26:57 PM »
JKS 1" motor mount lift blocks work OK on a Rubi ... unless you have A/C, then you need to remove the mount off the motor to get the bolt out.  All in all ... a cheap and easy install.  NSOR sells them for under $100CDN shipped to your door.

Mark.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »
Talk to Rob at Hoyboyz.

He just brought in 33 eng skids for my wifes 98, and my 03 Rubi.

Nice part about the 33 eng is that it comes with a new crossmember and the plate bolts to that. After install, its just 6 bolts to drop the skid and perform work under there.

It also uses a thinner tranny mount. Total tuck is 2.75 inches, but the tail only gets raised by 2 because of the low profile mount. You can get aluminum, or steel plate.

IMO its the better skid on the market right now. Pricy, but still less then Nth's, and easier to work with after the install.

He can get your mml and DS as well.

You can reach Rob at 403-317-5741
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]