Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal  (Read 13790 times)

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
Hey all,

I was looking into getting some decal vinyl cut for the 7inch round headlights on my TJ to give them that angry eye look, as well as get a flat black or metallic black Canadian Flag decal made by Joe at dublu Decals. He mentioned that quantity pricing is available and usual brings the cost down significantly.  So if anyone's interested let me know.  I know there is a group heading to Moab and maybe you would like to rock our Nation's Flag on your rig!

I have asked him to make up a prototype image for the flag so once I get that I will post is up, and I'm sure you all know what the angry eyes look like.

Thanks

Kyle
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline tjsROCK

• Winch Wench
Re: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:45:26 AM »
any pics?

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 10:46:09 AM »
if you are going through the trouble of getting these made Kyle, i'd be interested in a couple of the Canadian Flag ones. they'd look good on my fridge and toolbox.

cheers
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
any pics?
Of the angry eyes - Just Google image "Jeep TJ Angry eyes"
As for the Canadian flag decal nothing yet, but will post when I do.
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »
Of the angry eyes - Just Google image "Jeep TJ Angry eyes"
As for the Canadian flag decal nothing yet, but will post when I do.

I'll grab a flat black flag decal as well

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/evil-eyes-1130341/

Oh my Lord.... that is gayer than Dougie's Angry XJ Eyes. While you're at it, you might as well run GSAs, and a woodblock lift kit.

Just out of curiosity.... Why would you put $$ towards something (which I consider silly) like this, instead of making your rig more capable? And I know that there are those of you out there that believe that adding a sticker will increase the size of obstacle that you can get over by 1"....
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
didnt someone already do this to an XJ (probably this ^^ mythical dougie) and can it because it screwed up the light path? Maybe look into that - if you cant see in the dark well.... at least youll look angry when you cream a deer.
My 0.02

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/evil-eyes-1130341/

Oh my Lord.... that is gayer than Dougie's Angry XJ Eyes. While you're at it, you might as well run GSAs, and a woodblock lift kit.

Just out of curiosity.... Why would you put $$ towards something (which I consider silly) like this, instead of making your rig more capable? And I know that there are those of you out there that believe that adding a sticker will increase the size of obstacle that you can get over by 1"....
So can I put you down for set of the angry eye decals then?   ???

On a more serious note, to each their own.  And I would like to see what mod you could do to you Jeep for 10$ that would impact it's performance in anyway.  If you've got some ideas I'm all ears.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »
put the 10$ in your gastank and grab some black engine paint or something and just paint that section on your headlight... no need for actual decals................   

this could be a cool game; 'name your best 10$ performance mod' 

my best 10$ mod?  actually..... it was 10$ of gas in the pass' when i was on fumes ;) it got me back to a gas station! 
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »
Put some racing air in the tires. Or possibly type R seat covers. There you just got a ton of performance.  Hold onto your seat! ::)
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »
Obviously several of you aren't to keen on the angry eyes idea, regardless if people want them you can PM me same for the Canadian Flag.  I saw an American Flag in flat black on a black TJ and it looked awesome.

Johnny post a thread in General Talk for the best 10$ mod, now I'm intrigued to see what people have done!

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
I have to agree with Kyle on this one. The fact that every aspect of your jeep can be changed means no two are the same. That's why they are so awesome. You can personalize  them anyway you want.

I mean do you think hanging a rubber shark off your mirror is cool? Well I do (and so does Bruce).

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
Thanks for backing me up Justin!! Evil eyes and dice in the mirror is how I roll!

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
I could be interested in 4 flags depending on size/price/quality. Will let you know when you get the sample
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 11:15:45 PM »
Personally I could give a crap about what other people do to their Jeeps.  Do I like the angry eyes???  Nope not in the least, but hey whatever floats your boat.  The reason I think it is a pi$$ poor idea is the fact that you are cutting off 15 to 20% of your light path. One of the first things I did to my JK was ditch the factory dimlights for a set of Hellas 4's so I can't imagine why I would then restrict the lights. 

You want to pimp out your rig with decals and dice I say go for it.  But keep the things that have a safety impact as good or better than they are.  But as I said it's your rig do as you please.

Having said that, I might be interested in a few Canadian Flag Decals once I get a look at them.
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's