Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal  (Read 13791 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
to each is own...

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 01:29:48 AM »
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/evil-eyes-1130341/

Oh my Lord.... that is gayer than Dougie's Angry XJ Eyes. While you're at it, you might as well run GSAs, and a woodblock lift kit.

Just out of curiosity.... Why would you put $$ towards something (which I consider silly) like this, instead of making your rig more capable? And I know that there are those of you out there that believe that adding a sticker will increase the size of obstacle that you can get over by 1"....

ehhhh easy now i got the idea from jenssen so dont be hatin Trev
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
LOL!!! Wasn't hatin' Doug.
I was trying to make a point that maybe he should really think about something before he makes his vehicle less safe, and spend the $10 on something that will benefit his wheeling. Just like Johnny said... put the $10 in your tank, and get out on the trail. Or pocket the $10 today, and tomorrow, and the next day.... until you have enough for a Kingone winch, or longarms, or tires, or lockers.... ect, ect.

And I will be the first one to say "To each their own", Whatever floats your boat or fills your boots". But you might as well slap some Saran Wrap across your windshield. Hell, that will only cost you about 10 cents. Just let us all know when you are out driving.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 10:18:04 PM »
you might as well slap some Saran Wrap across your windshield. Hell, that will only cost you about 10 cents.

Now that seems like a great idea! Im gonna go do that now Trev. Thanks!!

Best $10 mod I ever did to my Jeep was buying some zip straps to relocate my vent hoses. I still keep all my light output too with the hoses higher!
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 11:09:44 PM »
And I would like to see what mod you could do to you Jeep for 10$ that would impact it's performance in anyway.  If you've got some ideas I'm all ears.

How about a test lamp? Spare bulbs for your headlights? A jerrycan? A shovel? An axe? A bow saw?

All of those things should be in your Jeep when you're on the trail. How many of them do you have in your Jeep right now? Any one of them would be a better place to spend $10 than on stickers.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »
How about a test lamp? Spare bulbs for your headlights? A jerrycan? A shovel? An axe? A bow saw?

All of those things should be in your Jeep when you're on the trail. How many of them do you have in your Jeep right now? Any one of them would be a better place to spend $10 than on stickers.
Well put!
 But don't get me wrong here guys in no way am I forgoing the safety essentials nor am I devaluing any performance upgrade or ten bucks of gas just so I can get evil eye decals! This is a matter of either or, it's a matter of "and". That being said, a shovel is a hell of a better choice at this junction then evil eye decals. I'm still getting the canadian flag though!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »
other good items to add to Noels list would be a fire extinguisher, a first aide kit, a letherman utility knife, etc.

all these things cost money, and its tough to put together a kit of such things at any one time..........   

just another thought ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:28 AM »
I've got the leatherman knife and teh first aid kit.

Back to the topic of this post! This is the mock up of the sticker I am considering ordering, if any of you need to see an actual sample I will see if I can get that for you within the week.  I was thinking I would get some made up in flat black and some in metallic gunmetal.

02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »
This is one of those topics that always boggles my mind...all he asked was if anyone wanted to add to his order! And then you get comments from everyone how they are stupid or a waste of money! I went back to the first post and he wasn't asking for opinions just if anyone wanted to get in on his deal. Do all of you have nothing other to do but comments on what goes on here!!!
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »
8x4" eh... do you have a ball park for pricing yet or did I miss that?
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
This is one of those topics that always boggles my mind...all he asked was if anyone wanted to add to his order! And then you get comments from everyone how they are stupid or a waste of money! I went back to the first post and he wasn't asking for opinions just if anyone wanted to get in on his deal. Do all of you have nothing other to do but comments on what goes on here!!!

Umm

Not to stir crap.............but in a discussion forum isn't what you post subject to discussion?  Sometimes you like what people say sometimes you don't.  If you don't want to hear what people might think or want to say then you likely should not post what you are doing in an open forum.  We all know what opinions are like.............and the great thing about this country of ours is everybody still has a right to theirs.

But then that is just my opinion :)
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 10:11:19 PM »

I've gone ahead and moved this post to General, since nobody is actually selling anything at this point in time - if I had thought of it, I probably would have moved it earlier.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
I am selling the canadian flag, I am waiting on pricing and first order quantities.
I have requested that it be moved to "other stuff for sale"
Additionally if those who have said they would like a decal can commit without seeing the actual sticker, not much to see really as it's a black canadian flag, I can make the order sooner. However, if you'd like to wait I hope to have a sample by the weekend.
Stay tuned

Dracitamo

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:43 AM »
I'll take two of the Canadian Flag's.
No angry eyes though... lol that's a VI waiting to happen.

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »

Umm

Not to stir crap.............but in a discussion forum isn't what you post subject to discussion?  Sometimes you like what people say sometimes you don't.  If you don't want to hear what people might think or want to say then you likely should not post what you are doing in an open forum.  We all know what opinions are like.............and the great thing about this country of ours is everybody still has a right to theirs.

But then that is just my opinion :)

Yeah I guess that makes sense...but this was not a discussion this was a post asking if anyone wanted not their opinion!
I guess it is true what they say about opinions...can't quite remember the exact words, just remember it has something to do with a holes...which works here!!!
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!