Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal  (Read 13793 times)

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
Re: TJ Angry Eyes and Canadian Flag Decal
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
As an aside to the whole thing it is probably useful to know that it is illegal to do this to your headlights.

From the Highway Traffic Act Vehicle Requirements.

(5) A person shall not attach or apply anything that colours the
light from a headlamp to the headlamp, part of the headlamp or a
bulb in the headlamps.

Course it also says I should have mudflaps  ::)

Anyway forewarned is forearmed they say. 
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads -up Scott, the fact that its illegal deters me from doing this, for now anyway!

As for the Canadian Flag decals I will be picking up a sample of the materials (not the actual flag) tomorrow so you can all see how it looks, and how it goes on your vehicle, tool box, fridge etc.

As for costs I was thinking one for $10 and two for 15$ was fair, as these are high quality decals made out of vinyl specifically for use on vehicles. I will also make indiviual arrangements for pick up or drop off with each interested buyer.

Thanks,

Kyle
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 08:45:39 PM »
From the Highway Traffic Act Vehicle Requirements.

(5) A person shall not attach or apply anything that colours the
light from a headlamp to the headlamp, part of the headlamp or a
bulb in the headlamps.

Course it also says I should have mudflaps  ::)

Anyway forewarned is forearmed they say. 
Really you are going to start quoting the traffic act now when most of the vehicles here violate several points in the act  ::)
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »
Really you are going to start quoting the traffic act now when most of the vehicles here violate several points in the act  ::)

Yup,  as I said forewarned is forearmed.  I am not suggesting for a second that my jeep is in full compliance, but I think it is wise to know where it falls in the rules and where it doesn't.
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Dracitamo

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
Yes, most of our vehicles won't comply to the whole act, but why add something on that would attract a cops attention to go over the vehicle with more attention after they have something to pull you over for especially when it comes to safety equipment. Jeep lights suck for the most part anyway unless you get aftermarket, so I just don't understand why anyone would want to restrict the little light that stock lights produce. Right.... to intimidate the blue haired old lady in the parking lot with your mall crawler. That's about it. Opinion thread or not, there has been lots of room here for discussion and knowing the cops will be more attracted to you because of your lights... well then go ahead. It's less attention they will give me. Just don't give the cops a hard time or you can probably expect a box 1 VI.
The flag is still a cool thing to have though. Out here in BC, the jeep club has it's own logo that almost everyone has. It's simple, clean, and looks great. You see club stickers and even if you don't know them, you know you can ask for help if you need it or get chatting and maybe go wheeling that evening. Does CalgaryJeep have anything like that?

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, its pay to play. So long as I don't have to listen to you complain when you get a ticket you can do whatever mods you want. If they really want to get you they can and will, 99% of the time they wont hassle you unless you are being a fool on the road.

As far as "having something to pull you over for" goes, they don't need anything. They can pull you over even if you didn't break the law. The best bet is to drive responsibly and if you do get pulled over, be polite and respectful. Don't give them a reason to look for things or not let you off with a warning.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 11:01:31 AM by WhiteOut »

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
Out here in BC, the jeep club has it's own logo that almost everyone has. It's simple, clean, and looks great. You see club stickers and even if you don't know them, you know you can ask for help if you need it or get chatting and maybe go wheeling that evening. Does CalgaryJeep have anything like that?

Club members have CJA stickers
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:42 AM »

Club members have CJA stickers

And the VP has a pink one.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:17 PM »
Yup.  Worked hard for them too.  That's how I roll, bee-ah-chez...
04 TJ Rubi

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
Yup.  Worked hard for them too.  That's how I roll, bee-ah-chez...

Or in your case.............how you "Don't Roll"   ;D
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
My rig is 100% percent street legal. I feel bad for you guys driving around in illegal vehicles................................
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »
Please refer to the post link below for any further questions or orders for the Canadian Flag decals.  I have also posted a few samples of the material and a how-to list.

http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=22271.0

Thanks,

Kyle
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:09:50 PM by FirstTimer »
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »
My rig is 100% percent street legal RIDING ON TOP OF MY FLAT DECK . I feel bad for you guys driving around in illegal vehicles................................

;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:38:23 PM by SwampSinger »