Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Modern motors  (Read 1903 times)

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
  • This is cool lets see you do this.
Modern motors
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:52 PM »
So jeep back at Modern again Drew is pretty good down there about fixing things when things don't work out after the first trip out.My rear diff hits my skid plate on my gas tank ,my tires rub bad in the rear of my jeep i guess i should of thought of that before i put on 40's. My front diff hits my exhaust  ever since we put the Currie Dana 60's in front and back. Put a huge hole in the front Y pipe .So now should i go with a long arm kit or stay with my short arm 4.5 kit 3 in body?. Is the long arm going to help me at all?I want to stay with 40s i know i can cut the rear out a bit but if i don't have to it would be nice.I need a little in site from some of you.The exhaust guy said if i pull my oil pan skid plate off he can make my exhaust work . If i have to i guess i will for now O ya blew rear you joint on drive shaft when diff hit gas tank skid plate.ALL THAT FOR A 2 HRS TEST WOW.ANY GOOD IN SITE WOULD BE GOOD NO SH.......T       THANKS I'm just looking to make my jeep the best it can be and i don't mine paying for the good stuff as long as its going to work for me!!!!!! 

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Modern motors
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:11:41 PM »
To be honest, I would ditch the 3" BL, go down to a 1.25", grab some 5.5" springs, long arms will help the ride a ton.

If you go with long arms you can stretch out your wheel base a bit and get those rear tires more in the center of your wheel openings. This will stop the rubbing against the front of the rear fenders. Push it back 2-4"s.

Take the exhaust issue to an actual exhaust shop. They will figure out your routing as they are experts.

Just my $0.02

EDIT* forgot... you should run a fuel cell and get rid of that bulky tank.

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:38:05 PM »
So you say fuel cell i thought of that but i need room and i take the kids with me.What is a good long arm kit ?I want to get it soon so i don't wreck all summer.The 60's r great work great BUT pretty big center and i don't have a lot of room under there.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:30:06 PM »
I'd go with this kit, in aluminum, with the big flares.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=EXTPKG

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:38:52 PM by frenchy »
Jeep
With stuff

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
THANKS FOR ALL INPUT.

Offline ornamental

• UberWheeler
    • http://www.webshots/users/yeungstreet
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 08:35:53 PM »
get Bnine to whip something up for you,   have a look at his rig as its not too bad

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
Suspension is not really your problem.

But, to run 40's you should stretch the rear with a genrite tank and some fenders.

Also push the front with a rotated 4 bolt steering box.

I would have to look at the jeep to really give good solid recomendations.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
HERE R SOME PICS OF MY FENDERS

Offline rizzicon

• Winch Wench
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:01:24 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a thread about Modern motors or about suspension.So for give me if I'm in the wrong place.
I was at Modern motors last thursday before the long weekend. I had a bump stop that i got from the dealer and wasn't sure if it would work with my lift. Turns out that it will. I was a bout to leave and asked if there was an auto store near them? I told them I was going to splice in two new clip ends for my front locker wires, that had been broken.  The dealer wanted $116. for the wire with a new celanoid. They asked to see the part I needed. They happened to have a perfectly good used one and gave it to me. For a donation to there "coffee" fund. KILLER! these guy rock. Thanks to them I had a great long weekend. ;D
mud is in my blood