Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: "I wasn't doing burn outs" says a buddy of mine  (Read 3176 times)

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
"I wasn't doing burn outs" says a buddy of mine
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:03 PM »
so I got a call last night around 10:30 last night  from a buddy  I work with that has a 2005 tj 3.5" lift on 35's the call went i think I blow may trans it wont move and makes grinding noise when I let the cluch out? He all  so said he heard a pop just befor it stoped moving
told him to leave it where it stoped movin earls parking lot in dalhousie and we will take a look in the moring
went there this  moring.   what do I find when I take a look at it?
I find the drivers side axle shatf snaped  ::) good thing I still had my old spares laying around at the shop  ;D
got it all fixed up and back rollin. spent my lunch hour fixing it  ::) not my ideal lunch
he said he wasn't doing burnouts but when he was working on geting the broken end out of the carrie  I went for walk around parking lot and found two parallel black marks fitts the bill for his jeep as we just put 3.73 gears with a track lock  in it so ya we only had time to do the gears in the rear so we took off the front drive shaft so I think he was using 4low  so with all the power being throwin at the poor d35 something had to let go  ::) I hope he learned his leason  ;)  dont forget to bring spare axle shafts with you if ur doing burnouts in 4low lol. ;D
no more like thumbs down there bud  ::)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:34:44 PM by comanche runner »
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: "I wasn't doing burn outs" says a buddy of mine
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:48 PM »
You purposely put in 3:73 to turn 35's?  ;D
Jeep
With stuff

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »
Wow
..good thing it disintegrated and didn't make ot out of the parking lot..hope the gear install survived.
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
You purposely put in 3:73 to turn 35's?  ;D
yep

Wow
..good thing it disintegrated and didn't make ot out of the parking lot..hope the gear install survived.

I instaled the gears for him   ;D  they surived as far as I know lol
I would of been more upset with him if they didn't insted I made fun of him for it
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:08:02 PM by comanche runner »
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
Being a moterhead, doing burnouts is a right to passage leaving pub3rty. Wait a minute I still do burnouts in my old age  ;D Ive only broken three sets of axles all on the street and about ten sets of gears over the years. Nope i was not doing a burn out either  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Testing for breakage   ;D ;D ;D

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »
Andy ur the man  ;D
I not saying that Ive never  done  burn outs for the boys at the shop a few times  ;) at 6psi  with the 36's  but  I  had no brakeage so it makes me wonder what he was realy doing with his jeep last night  ;) cuz all hes saying is he just pulled out of his parking spot and heard a snap lol I find that story hard to beleave lol

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
Only one actually broke during the testing cough cough. The rest broke driving normally .

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:50 AM »
i do reverse burnouts.  i shift down so fast my rear end locks up coming to lights.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »
i read jeep+35's + 373's doing burnouts and knew the thread was BS ;)
unpossible.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
i do reverse burnouts.  i shift down so fast my rear end locks up coming to lights.
+1 for awesomeness. Been there.