Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Monday 5th Mclean  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
Monday 5th Mclean
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
I'll be out at Mclean with my friend who has a stock Rubi JKU, if anyone is interested in joining us you are more than welcome.  Trail really depends on group size. I aim to make this a very interesting trail ride.

Meet at the store at 10 am trail 10:30

Make sure your vehicle is in good running order,  has tow points, spare tire, and good tires if you choose to come out.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:17:45 PM by Jrama »

RUBICON13

Re: Monday 5th Mclean
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
J,

Since you intend to make this a very interesting ride, and my skills are limited to date, might I be able to tag along in your passenger seat (I'll be happy to assist you get unstuck)?

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
Jeff, I don't have an extra seat this time round. I'll choose a reasonable trail, it should be a great experience if your willing to push your limits a little. The trail i am thinking of running I have never run before, I do hear on good account that it is very doable by a stock Rubi. If it isn't I have no problems turning around and trying something else. I don't want to be responsible for any mishaps on what should be a good trail run for all.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
Which trail are you looking at? I wheeled most of McLean in a stock JKU Rubi. It's do-able...all depends on what you're comfortable doing with your rig.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:09:37 PM »
Trail Leads to top of the world, I don't know the name, turn left after the first cattle gate and basically start your way through the north side with all the mud except, at the  cattle gate that you can drive around (fence is down) make a right and head up the hill.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »
A stock JKU Rubicon will make that...if you're not too particular about how hard you use your fuel tank skid. Walk the more challenging obstacles before you drive them, watch the lines taken by the people in front of you, and use your lockers. You should be able to do it by taking the bypasses around the bigger holes. There is one spot toward the top of the approach to McLean Ridge where you may need to "bump" a little bit, but it's quite do-able as long as it's not really wet. I found that I needed to use my winch instead of the "bump" when there was three inches of snow on it.

Just watch out for the intersection at the bottom of McLean ridge on the North side. If you miss the hairpin turn and keep going North, it gets very boggy very quickly...and doesn't really go anywhere.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. When we were out there Wednesday it was spring time wet ( Completely saturated), and I am sure its rained a couple times since, so it won't be bone dry....

Offline Mud

• Budget Lift
  • Chad
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:19 PM »
There is a good chance I'll see you Monday. I'll confirm Sunday.
JKU-R, RK 5.5 Lift, 36" IROK, WARN 8274,  CB, Genright tire carrier, Poison Spyder Armor, Warn Bumper, Viair
RIP 2001 Orange TJ

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »
Sounds like a run Frank and I wont be passing up
See ya all out there
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
Shaping up to be a good one