Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: How many drain plugs?  (Read 2948 times)

RedYJ

How many drain plugs?
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:37:45 PM »
Ive got a YJ and ive herd that there are 4 drain plugs but mine only  has 2 in front of the seats but it looks like there was 2 behind the seats but there is some metal there thats not painted?  Or is this normal?

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
How many drain plugs?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »
My 95 YJ is the same way.  I believe the ones behind the seat are drain plugs, but only the front ones really come out
'95 YJ with a few mods

RedYJ

How many drain plugs?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 08:19:28 PM »
ok i thought someone may have welded them in after they bought it... why would they put thoes holes in the tub them fill em back wtih metal again?  Crazy chrysler products.

henry

How many drain plugs?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:46:57 PM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"
My 95 YJ is the same way.  I believe the ones behind the seat are drain plugs, but only the front ones really come out

Scott, aren't you an engineer?  Can't get the drain plugs out?  Do you need a mechanic to do it for you!

Just kidding man, see you at McLean :D  :D

Darren 8)

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
How many drain plugs?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
Oh it's on now Darren, don't make me bring out the can of whop-a$$ on you.

Plus just to clarify he asked if there were drain plugs and I said yes, now I am sure the ones in the back are probably removeable but I am too lazy to try and fix a mechanics mistake but not listening to the engineer in the first place.
'95 YJ with a few mods

henry

How many drain plugs?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:16:28 PM »
8)  :lol:  :twisted:

born2jeep

How many drain plugs?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 07:00:36 AM »
My 89 (and the jeep that I got replacements out of) have alot. Somthing like 11 of them throughout the tub. All of them are the same, just your front ones are probably easyer to take out cuz they have probably been out before, and are possibly a bit rusty.