Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Bridge Trail Project: October 01, 2011 - October 02, 2011

Author Topic: Oct. 1-2 Camping / bridge work in Waiparous  (Read 23364 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Oct. 1-2 Camping / bridge work in Waiparous
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
I think we should meet at the Air strip and then go to the work site on meadow creek... (how about  Meet at the air strip for 9AM?)

Bonnie and I are bringing my little flat deck trailer, drill, sawzall, blades and #2 robersson bits (the squared tip)... I can pickup a generator if need be (andy?). I might have more room Kev... you call.

The decking is covered with dirt and mud from truck/Quad crossing... Last time I went to check it out; I couldn't see a damn screw. All the screw holes were fill with crap.

... That might be a challenge if we don't pressure wash it before... any other idea?

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
BURN it  huge camp fire . :)     then pull the metal the next day

oh wait this is supose to be tree hugger friendly  scrap that idea  ahhahaha

i think pressure wash would be the best bet to get to the screws but i still think itll be hard to get most of them out
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »
There is a way to cut the screws with a sazall. You need a long metal cutting blade like 9 inches or longer. You slide it under the wood or between the two pieces under power. You do not cut the wood just slide it between with power on and cut the screw. you may have to pry it up  a little just to slide the metal cutting blade in there.
power wash the deck. then
try to undo the screws with impactor or hammer drill. then if that does not work then sazall the screws using pry bars.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 09:17:56 AM »
BURN it  huge camp fire . :)     then pull the metal the next day

oh wait this is supose to be tree hugger friendly  scrap that idea  ahhahaha

i think pressure wash would be the best bet to get to the screws but i still think itll be hard to get most of them out

are you coming out Jeff?

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
There is a way to cut the screws with a sazall. You need a long metal cutting blade like 9 inches or longer. You slide it under the wood or between the two pieces under power. You do not cut the wood just slide it between with power on and cut the screw. you may have to pry it up  a little just to slide the metal cutting blade in there.
power wash the deck. then
try to undo the screws with impactor or hammer drill. then if that does not work then sazall the screws using pry bars.

Sounds like a plan. Who has a gen unit that is large enough to run the power tools?
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline JJonesee

• Budget Lift
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 11:00:36 AM »
My gen should run 1-3 power tools no problem.

Something about small pressure washers - I dont believe they self prime.  Maybe.. I know the electric one I have wont.

Edit: I had to adjust carb for altitude on last use..  Its used to running at sea level..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:04:56 AM by JJonesee »
06' Rubicon LJ
52' M-100
82' Scrambler x 3

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
are you coming out Jeff?

im not sure yet .. lots on the go . im supose to finish justins jeep on saturday .

but if we get it done then theres a good chance ill come out saturday night . and camp then help sunday
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »
An airless painting machine is self priming. suction hose in a five gallon pail of water. Not a lot of volume but all you need is for the screw holes and they usually run higher pressures then power washers. How much mud build up is on the deck? if you have just a coating it will work but if it is like a 16 th on an inch or bigger you will be there all day and a powerwasher would be better.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 12:36:26 PM »
So if I'm coming out on Sunday should I just meet up with everyone in the AM at the air strip?  Is that just further north than the normal meeting place?

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
im not sure yet .. lots on the go . im supose to finish justins jeep on saturday .

frack Justin's Jeep... you need trails to run your Jeep and we need your help brother  ;D

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 04:37:51 PM »
frack Justin's Jeep... you need trails to run your Jeep and we need your help brother  ;D

hahahh i know .  we'll see what i can do . maybe i can convince him to take his big useless ford out so he can haul some of the wood away .

will this be DOG friendly cuz we all know AXL comes with me everywhere

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
that would be fantastic man...

my pooches will be there ... there is no heavy machines ...

Cheers Jeff!

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 06:33:43 PM »
that would be fantastic man...

my pooches will be there ... there is no heavy machines ...

Cheers Jeff!

Hmmm... If I get my jeep done I'll haul it out there sunday. If we can score that trailer jeff...

That way I can test the jeep and haul crap with my stupidly long truck and flat deck.

Very tentative.

Offline Anton

• Budget Lift
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »
Well i was planning to come out but working is not letting me take the days off. Good luck out there and safe a project.

Anton
1996 jeep cherokee.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 07:07:44 PM »
i can score that trailer no problem .. just have to give buddy the beer you owe him