Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: DD to WW  (Read 22045 times)

Offline 03Jeeper

• Budget Lift
Re: DD to WW
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
Damn crappy luck bud.
What do you have left? I could lend a hand now that I'm not busy with exams and work.

Offline Anton

• Budget Lift
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
I don't know or remember if i ever met you on any runs, but my name is Anton and i am trying to meet more people and get more involved with the jeeps. I don't really have much knowledge with all the parts on the rigs but i am good with my hands. So to the point, if you need a extra hand i would like to help and learn. u can be the brains and direct me what to do.

I am sure you know many people on the web but i would be more then happy to help and  learn from that.

Anton
1996 jeep cherokee.

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
Was able to get a bit of work done this weekend, as my hand has been healing nicely. 
Installed new Upper Control Arm bushings using the ball joint/u-joint press I picked up for 30$ at PA.  Before install,  I placed the bushings in the freezer for a few days, and used a small amount of grease to lube the brackets. Pretty easy install which only took about 20 minutes;

Placed a 13/16th socket between the two mounting holes as well as another socket in the gap of the CA bracket, to keep it from callapsing in on itself under the force;

I also re-installed the unit bearings on the Dana 30 and finished painting the Dana 35 with POR 15 and a couple coats of flat black spray paint.
Next weekend is a Drum Brake overhaul and hopefully by the Family Day long weekend I will be ready for installation of axles, CA and lift!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
So my hand finally healed and I found sometime (understatment of the year) to get working on installing my lift, axles and a fix up a few other things.
Started late Friday with my Brother and was able to get the whole front suspension and axle out in a few hours.  This was about the only thing that went smoothly.

Picked up these sweet little casters ( you can see them under the rotor) from PA for $7, 200lbs load capacity, huge help moving the old axle out and the new on in.

Out with the old 3:07 axle axle and stock suspension;

In with the new 4:10 axle, OME 2.5 HD springs and shocks and Currir JJ adjustable Upper and Lower CA along with a ZJ V8 Tie Rod;

02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:46 PM »
x
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:29:38 PM by FirstTimer »

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
By the end of the day yesterday with some much need help from Dagoose and 03Jeeper we were able to get the front suspension all bolted back in, steering included, got the front crank shaft and oil pan seals repaired and had the engine running smoothly with some fresh oil!

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be working on the back end and hopefully be able to drive to work!

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
So is it leaking again yet?  ;D

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
Don't know...still in the garage... >:(