Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: EMF BUILT HEMI TJ  (Read 11261 times)

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
Re: EMF BUILT HEMI TJ
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
i had a real long talk with steve the one day out at the shop i was working on the mog buggy and no one was there but me and he stopped by to drop off some money for erin and clay...

crap some of the numbers he was saying for things that where done to it made my beans run away and those are mine i could imagine how he felt....

in the end the last bill he got was nothing compared to the rig he got finished product that thing was mean and i do believe one of the first through the rock course...

he honestley seemed like a pretty decent person and i went outta my way to make sure the day he picked it up everything was all good i painted all his links for him  and some of the rust from it sitting for years..

clay felt bad about having to charge him but having to fix other peoples handy work was making him really mad...

a small list of bullshit we had to deal with

given to us empty on fuel( tok a hour to figgure out the tank had a 1/4 tank but it had to be higher cause some moron plumbed the fuel system)

coilovers where all over the place one side cranked up the other loose....

all i know is that thing drove up the back hoe bucket with the rear pinned and it was still flexin....

oh and clay had it doing 110 down the back roads with no cage ( he reliezed the lack of cage at 110)

it may look big and stupid but so is the hog and guess what ttc champ and going back this year to destroy the last 20 years winners hopes

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »

he honestley seemed like a pretty decent person...

Steve is a great guy, I don't think anybody that knows him can argue that.

I have always joked about his rig (and will probably continue to do so :o)

He definitely has had his challenges with that build and honestly, hats off to him for persevering to the end. Many, MANY others would have thrown in the towel and either sold it off for next to nothing or parked it out behind a barn to rot.

The last time I saw it was when a shop in Crossfield had it's turn. I took a good look at the suspension (I think it was just put on) and came away quite impressed with the quality of build, it it such a shame Steve ran into a wall everywhere else he turned (or at least it seemed that way).

I hope he can get out and enjoy it now.

But if that was my rig, I would drop it down to about a 6" lift and run 37's or 38's and it would make a killer driver, both on-road and off.

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Tomtwoshoes

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
Well it sounds like alot poeple Fxxk over this Guy   I glad it is done   it looks great I would love to see it run   And if he ever want to sell it he can give me a call Thomas Peterson

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
Relax Guys, I've been friends with Steve since '98. I razz him because we're friends. I've wheeled with him many times, gone for drinks and spent countess hours wrenching with him. He's a good guy.

You guys are so sensitive...
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
Relax Guys, I've been friends with Steve since '98. I razz him because we're friends. I've wheeled with him many times, gone for drinks and spent countess hours wrenching with him. He's a good guy.

You guys are so sensitive...

Group Hug time yet?
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
Good thing this is not about putting lipstick on a pig like what all those xj owners do.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 03:57:39 PM »
Good thing this is not about putting lipstick on a pig like what all those xj owners do.

I don't do that.  :o
Andy, what you do in your own time should stay private.... just between you and the afore mentioned pig....

Ewwwwwww........
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!