Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Murphy's Law - The 2kTJ  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Nootch

• Baby Wheeler
Murphy's Law - The 2kTJ
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
I guess i will start a build thread as i am making may more mods that i expected right off the bat. 

As mentioned in the show your rig thread i picked this up from my auto magician.  He found it for a great deal in a woman's garage who nerfed another car and  "bent" the frame.  i took a look an knew that it was in pretty solid shape.  Its a 2000 with 200K on it.  pull plate up front tells me it has lived  few lives before i got it.  drug behind a motor home of some sorts for one, and the female.  Airbags had gone off, tie rod was bent, steering box leaked, ball joints were loose, fender dented and the lower passenger link mount was bent.  She was in rough shape.

Sat in my back yard for a few months while i saved up and payed down some other bills first.  The first round of parts was a new steering box, Currie tie Rod system, new pitman arm, and new Rubi panard bar. Also did a proper weld and re-drill of the panard bar mount on the bottom.  it was slopped out pretty bad.  stripped off the chrome grill inserts and took off the ragged cheap chrome bumpers.  The inserts will eventually get painted KTM Orange and be put back in.  The overall theme will be black and KTM Orange. Also replaces the 4 ball joints and took it to my dads and straitened/welded up the lower link bracket that was bent. 

Parts were given for a GREAT deal by Stan at Northridge4x4.ca  He is a local guy to me and so great to deal with.  Wish more people ran business like him. Got it all done for the "Before the snow flies Run" up at Lee's in edmonton.  Here are a few shots of my first outing.

The next picures of mods i took was of the wicked deal on a VisionX light bar i got from Kijiji.  10320 Lumens from 22".  Placement is the best i can do for now as i pull plate on the front bumper is box tub i can't get a bold into for the bar mounts.  That will change in the future.  for now, it works GREAT.

HIGH beams (Sylvania Ultra seal beam)

Also a cute little CB whip mount and new tires were the last few mods.

Sorry for the picture dump long post, but i have 2 months worth of mods and working on this to catch up on. Other small things i have done so far is an LED upgrade in the interior lights.  put a large pack in the centre dome light to match up with the accented speakers that came with the jeep, and put in some behind the seats lights that shine down.  hid them up in the rear vent area at the top.  nice and hidden, but give good light on the tool box in the back.  Put in axle end seals, picked up a kinetic recovery strap, and an air down kit.  Also put in new shock in the back end. 

Xmas hopefully will be kind to me and i will be able to upgrade the gearing from the stock 3.07's to 4.88's or 4.56's and an Aussie locker.

Nootch

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Re: Murphy's Law - The 2kTJ
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »
Looking Good
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline Nootch

• Baby Wheeler
Re: Murphy's Law - The 2kTJ
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
just a small update.  Parts collection time for the jeep.  Hard to come by lately.  BUT the lockers, rebuild kits, and the cages should be here for next friday.  front Bumper for near the end of the month, and into Feb for the rear bumper.