Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: If you had to start from scratch..  (Read 10693 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: If you had to start from scratch..
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »

Ever tried having nookie in the YJ/TJ?  Doesn't work so well, huh?

worked very well for me and an old girlfriend in my old yj. she was a little bent out of shape, but she took it like a pro ;)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline IgniteTJ

• Budget Lift
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
Wow haha not the way I was expecting this to go, I expected some Jk bashing but now its off on a new tangent  :D
1998 Dodge Ram Reg Cab Short Box, lift and 35's going on it over the winter along with 4:10's

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
worked very well for me and an old girlfriend in my old yj. she was a little bent out of shape, but she took it like a pro ;)

ummm... yeah, someone may mis-understand my comment. just to clarify, the girl was bent out of shape, the jeep was fine after ;D
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Lol settle people... dont get so butt hurt, its way to easy to get a rise out of JK owners. Nookie is not an issue, and small spaces work quite well ;-)

I also added Women to the list of potential owners jeepgrl, read the WHOLE sentence please :-)

If you're havin nookie in a TJ, then mebbe you're the one who's butt hurts? :)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »
If you're havin nookie in a TJ, then mebbe you're the one who's butt hurts? :)

Seriously? Thats what you got for me? atleast try... have another go then ill reply k. ;-)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
97-99 tj is the best platform to start building from. There are more after market options, the aftermarket is more affordable, they have the better motor of pretty much all 4 litres, and certainly better then the 3.8

From mild to wild the TJ is still the most supported platform with the most options available.

Considering most well kept 97-99 tjs are going for 3-6k, when it comes to modifying and creating a part time driver, part time toy, its a bit of a no brainer.

Spending 15k on something that is eventually planned for considerable modification is not really the better of the option.

Dont forget if you go new, and then modify, you're pretty much garrunteed to have warrenty woes. Everyone here has been through that before. You spend 30-40k on a new rig, part of which goes towards warrenty, and when the time comes to use the warrenty you risk not being covered because of the mods you did.

That is never fun.

If you get in with a 4k$ jeep, and dont have a 700$/month payment, and mandetory full coverage insurance, you can afford to pay for those major failures yourself and not worry about being covered or not on a warrenty.

For under 10k you can run beadlocked 32's on a 97-99 tj with a small body lift, small tummy tuck. You will do every trail this club does and out perform stock jk's and rubicons for less then half the money.

I have run and built everything from bone stock tj's, xj's, and zj's to every level of mild to wild that someone can imagine.

for starting from scratch, the 97-99tj wins every time.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

I almost got busted by the cops in the back of a YJ once... interesting story.
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline NS-jeeper

• UberWheeler
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
I'd go for a 2003 TJ umlimited (the 2door one) All the TJ-y goodness just bigger. But Ive always really wanted a CJ8, so I guess I could get a TJ and an AVE kit, of course I'd have to get 6 jobs and a rich sugga-momma or 2 to be able to afford it!.....LOL