Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: computer woes  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
computer woes
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:00:35 PM »
Came into the office. turned on my computer.
Went to Revenue Canada site to download a T4 summary for my business.
Computer froze during operation.
i hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
Task manager came on and i tried ending programs.

Good to go. Come back onto internet and the PDF file from Rev Canada appears (i guess from terminated session)
Anyways, there is a dialogue box asking me to accept some agreement regarding AdobeX.
i agree but the entire thing freezes again. i go for the ctrl+alt+del again. But nothing happens. So, being impatient and perhaps computer dumb, i hit the power off button.
i hold it down until the power shuts off.
i wait 10 secs and start the computer up (power on).

Computer starts but it says there is a windows loading error. i choose the recommended repair mode. Nothing can be repaired so i go to advance options and choose system restore point. i go with a date that will not interfere with any important data. Anyways, i  have no idea what Admin password is so i enter through my user name and password. It will not restore as it can find no errors? but it does say that there is a missing file 0X800070002

It is Windows Vista program.

Anyways, i have repeated again and again and i can not get the computer to run. i have tried different restore points but it will not do it.

Help?

i would even pay someone to come to my clinic to fix it. i am here until 7pm tonight.

or

maybe there is an easy solution that a computer idiot like me could be walked through?

i will check back when i have some time at 3:40pm today.
Thanks
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: computer woes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Give Geeksquad a call at Best Buy, they will come out and work on site for you. Not sure off the top of my head what they are charging for on site though.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »
Give Geeksquad a call at Best Buy, they will come out and work on site for you. Not sure off the top of my head what they are charging for on site though.
Thanks, i just thought maybe some local jeeper wanted to make some money instead of corporate unknowns.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
I think TL_Iguana does computer stuff.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
If you're seeing this on boot up, just choose "Start Windows normally"

Jeep
With stuff

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:53:22 PM »
Whiteout, Simon has helped me out in past, well, actually his company sent someone last dilemma.

frenchy, i tried but it will not open the windows even to where you would normally see your password entrance. It says that it will not start normally and to let it check for windows problems (which it never finds). But, still no start up, around and around it goes.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
AHH hey Sorry Tom,

Just read this now. I forwarded your post onto James my tech here. Reading this tho it seems that you will probably have to do a reload of Vista. I dont have anyone here at the shop that can come out, but we do offer our onsite service like bestbuy does. Sorry I didnt see this sooner... If you call 1-855-569-8324 they can send a tech out to you, but that is beyond my abilities to help out with pricing in that respect.

I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »
That or the hard drive is pooched...
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
Simon, thanks.
i had a patient in who is a tech. He took the hard drive out, put it in my other office computer, copied some files i needed and than re installed from scratch.
Should be back working tomorrow after he comes back to do all the drivers, etc.

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »
oh that's good to hear Tom, for future ref, I have decent computer knowledge and I live in the SW not too far away from your clinic.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:36 PM »
oh that's good to hear Tom, for future ref, I have decent computer knowledge and I live in the SW not too far away from your clinic.
noted, i will add you to my rolodex

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »
noted, i will add you to my rolodex

Good call on that one! Wont crash unless you drop it, and even then it doesnt use power, doesnt freeze, and requires very little maintenance! :D
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
Good call on that one! Wont crash unless you drop it, and even then it doesnt use power, doesnt freeze, and requires very little maintenance! :D
:laughing:
Thanks for the hook up today Simon.