Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: tube/flat fenders  (Read 2879 times)

youngen18

tube/flat fenders
« on: June 15, 2005, 03:28:40 AM »
hey hey,
just wondering if anyone here has the flat fenders/tube fenders on there tj's or somethin. Wonderin where to pick em up for a good price and what the price roughly is. Also,  what did you do for the signal light relocation. I was thinkin if i got it i could just put an amber dome style light on the top of teh flat fender and route the electrical to it.
Jon

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
tube/flat fenders
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 06:04:18 AM »
Go here

www.hoyboyz.com

Rob has them on his, and has done Chris's from here as well. They are made by Poison Spyder, Im not sure on pricing.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
tube/flat fenders
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 09:04:44 AM »
Yep, Rob from Hoyboyz did mine. I have the ones with the flare. I think they look great, I have no wheel rub at stock height, and I can stand on them if I need to. I had mine rino/hippo lined, and an led turn signal put into the grill, like a CJ. Lost the side markers, but I'm gonna so something about that later. Also, if you have fog lights, you might want to move them, I find that sometimes people cant see the turn signal from a certain angle cause the foglight is blocking the signal. Also, if you move to led turn signals, make sure you modify your blinker relay, this mod is for 2001 and newer TJ's.

Cheers
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

youngen18

tube/flat fenders
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:15:53 AM »
sweet thnx. personally i love the look :).  You wouldnt remember what u paid roughly by any chance would u elsifer?

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
tube/flat fenders
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 11:21:54 AM »
This is a mod I eventually want to do. For signals, my YJ already has signals in the grill, but tube fenders will get rid of the ones built into my flares. So, I was thinking of mounting up something like these:

Flushmount signals are about $30 and available from every motorcycle shop in town.

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
tube/flat fenders
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 11:25:13 AM »
Well, lets see:
Pair of tube fenders w/flare
prep, lining, clearcoat on top
2x rock rings (for the diffs)
1x steering box skid
2x led lights
labour

Just under 2G's for the whole thing. Rob @ Hoyboyz will be able to give you more detail, let him know that we sent ya. He is down in Lethbridge tho. But its worth the trip! In all, it took a day for him to do the install.
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

youngen18

tube/flat fenders
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:26:16 AM »
thnx :)

destructive

tube/flat fenders
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 11:03:26 PM »
Here's a link to my site.   http://destructive101.tripod.com  I did pretty much the same thing except I used two small LED's from Wally mart in the side of my hood for marker lights [/img]http://northernlightsab.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/dsc00462.jpg.w560h420.jpg[/img]