Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Jeep FC concept  (Read 7288 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Jeep FC concept
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »

http://jalopnik.com/5895643/i-am-so-excited-about-the-jeep-mighty-fc-concept-i-think-i-might-die

Jeep's produced another round of their crazy Jeep concepts that we'll soon beg them to turn into something you can actually buy. Highest on the list? The Jeep Mighty FC, which looks like a Forward-Control Jeep modernized for the new world — something I'd never thought of until this moment but now must posses.

Give me one. Give me one now Jeep. I'm not essing around here.

The annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah enters its 46th year and Jeep isn't holding back with rehashes until the big 50th anniversary. The first concept is the "Jeep Wrangler Apache" that shows a Warn-built winch and is probably their main off-road style vehicle. We can definitely say that it'll be blue-ish.

An obvious derivative of the Jeep NuKizer 715, the hopefully military J8-based "J12 Concept" is another retro look without all the military style. The red plaid in the background screams VW GTI but we're into it if it keeps the old-style body.

And speaking of old, there's a freaking Forward-Control Jeep. For those unawares, Jeep (in its Kaiser days) used to make these crazy cab-over (i.e. Forward Control) vehicles used mostly as work trucks. They've clearly built another one.

View the gallery
There's a lot of internal debate over whether or not this is a modified Jeep Wrangler with an FC-style look (an amazing engineering feat) or something else. My personal hope is this vehicle is based on one of Iveco's military/industrial vehicles. A crazy thought, even if Fiat Industrial owns Iveco. It could also be built on on a Patriot platform. And then I'd set it on fire.

What do you think about an FC Jeep? Are you as deliriously excited about something you haven't seen?
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re: Jeep FC concept
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
I love fcs they look so cool. I'd buy one too if they built a 4 door with a teeny bed, or a 2+2 with a third door. I want that more than the gladiator pick up.  :-[

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »
Is it just me, or does that FC look like it's got a portal axle up front?
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »
Is it just me, or does that FC look like it's got a portal axle up front?

Both front and back.  They explain that in the write up ::).  Need a stronger coffee Todd? :P

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
Both front and back.  They explain that in the write up ::).  Need a stronger coffee Todd? :P

What....you expect me to click the farking link? Dood, I need pictures. Us JK pilots are so busy crying over how much money we spent on our mini-van powered rigs that we have trouble reading fine print.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
What....you expect me to click the farking link? Dood, I need pictures. Us JK pilots are so busy crying over how much money we spent on our mini-van powered rigs that we have trouble reading fine print.

What is JK supposed to stand for....'just kidding' or what?

Here, does this help?

Off-road function is dramatically improved with the addition of Mopar’s new Portal Axle set. These offset axles offer the greatest amount of ground clearance without requiring excessive suspension lift.
Mopar’s Front Portal Axle (8-lug, part number P5155670) is available at a list price of $12,500, and the Rear Portal Axle’s (8-lug, part number P5155671) is $11,000.
The axles are controlled with King coil-over assemblies along with beefy Teraflex control arms and track bars. Traction is handled by massive 40-inch tires mounted on custom Hutchinson 17-inch beadlock wheels.
Other Jeep Mighty FC highlights include King coil-over reservoir shocks, Hanson bumpers, a Warn 16.5 winch and a Corsa stainless steel exhaust system. The retro-style interior’s plaid material was a cut-up skateboard carrying bag; the handle from that bag was used for the grab-handle.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
What is JK supposed to stand for....'just kidding' or what?

Here, does this help?

Off-road function is dramatically improved with the addition of Mopar’s new Portal Axle set. These offset axles offer the greatest amount of ground clearance without requiring excessive suspension lift.
Mopar’s Front Portal Axle (8-lug, part number P5155670) is available at a list price of $12,500, and the Rear Portal Axle’s (8-lug, part number P5155671) is $11,000.
The axles are controlled with King coil-over assemblies along with beefy Teraflex control arms and track bars. Traction is handled by massive 40-inch tires mounted on custom Hutchinson 17-inch beadlock wheels.
Other Jeep Mighty FC highlights include King coil-over reservoir shocks, Hanson bumpers, a Warn 16.5 winch and a Corsa stainless steel exhaust system. The retro-style interior’s plaid material was a cut-up skateboard carrying bag; the handle from that bag was used for the grab-handle.

That sounds like a TON of weight for the POS engine they will end up using.
Of course, thats hypothetical since we all know it will never get built.

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 07:38:55 AM »
A crew cab version (or expedition style camper conversion) of this would own my soul.......
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
awww that J12 is frikk'n SEXY!!  thats the body style that made me fall in love with jeep to begin with.

I wonder if there are regretting getting rid of the reg Cherokee line yet.?
1991 YJ

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
Nice tall jeep :)

Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 08:27:52 PM »
More
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline OnyxGrizzly

• Budget Lift
  • Just another red XJ
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
It looks like it would be awkward to get into haha
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Sounded like it was a little scary on the rocks - combination of height and front driver position. I didn't take a shot of the inside - should have before I closed the door for the picture I got. Did snap a shot of the J12 interior though.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:37:16 PM by cuzican »
Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »
Two pictures in total?  :o

You big tease.  ;D
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com