Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Aussie Lockers  (Read 8535 times)

youngen18

Aussie Lockers
« on: June 15, 2005, 11:26:57 AM »
Anyone have em. Whats the dealio

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
Aussie Lockers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:46:11 PM »
They'rrrrrrrre GREAT! You should get one!

listen to that Kris guy

:P

Abrasive

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:59:29 PM »
^
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
Don't listen to Greg, he's just jealous of my charming personality and rugged good looks.

I'm going to have to go out on a limb and diasagree with you Greg.
I've been doing quite a bit of research on these things and they seem to be the BEST non-selectable choice for a front locker on a daily driver, regardless of the price (which happens to be pretty good as well).
I've found many reviews on them, and everyone has been very pleased and surprised with how quiet the actually are when compared to their competition. I think the last straw for me came after reading this article on Pirate:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/productreviews/aussie/
and
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179701

The guys on Pirate seem to really know their stuff (more than can be said for most of the randoms on the net who review things, myself included.lol) and if they say it's good, then it probably is. This will probably be the next mod that goes into my TJ.

$0.02

Kris

Dadzooks

Re: Aussie Lockers
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "youngen18"
Anyone have em. Whats the dealio

Same thing as an EZ locker....sometimes refered to a lunchbox locker. I had one (EZ locker) in the rear for 2 years with 33's.....it eventually stripped out but did work well and served its purpose while I had it in. I have no complaints.

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
Aussie!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 03:12:36 PM »
They're from the southern hemisphere, so they reverse rotate compared to the northern hemisphere lockers!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Aussie Lockers
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 03:29:28 PM »
Talk to 80CJ he has em
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

HBZ

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 05:18:36 PM »
I have a lot of happy customers running these.
They are not a HD locker, but they work awesome.

For a daily driver, very well suited.

:D  :D

youngen18

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 06:48:42 PM »
Thnx for the input. I noticed em on the hoyboyz site, i think, when i looked on it for the flat fenders and they seemed to look like  a good deal. Mine is a daily driver so it might be worth it.

HBZ, maybe u can shoot me a pm with ur prices on em for a dana 35 installed, if not i can always shoot an email at u.

Jon

HBZ

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 07:09:41 PM »
PM'd you Jon.

youngen18

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 08:07:58 PM »
got it thnx :)

Dadzooks

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 08:08:30 PM »
Quote from: "youngen18"
Thnx for the input. I noticed em on the hoyboyz site, i think, when i looked on it for the flat fenders and they seemed to look like  a good deal. Mine is a daily driver so it might be worth it.

HBZ, maybe u can shoot me a pm with ur prices on em for a dana 35 installed, if not i can always shoot an email at u.

Jon

They come with very easy to follow instuctions....if you can do an oil change you should be able to tackle this project.

The locker only replaces the spider gears

youngen18

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 08:15:06 PM »
good to know. I work at an oil changer right now so i should be ok then haha. Thnx for the input :)

henry

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 09:51:38 PM »
I know a rear Aussie is my next additon to the Comanche.  Price - good, reviews - good.  Rear traction - good.  Just need a few more $$$ and I'll be giving Rob @Hoyboyz a call. 8) The info I read on them was only in regard to a rear application, any info if one is in the front diff :?:  That might be my next mod after the rear locker install.

Darren

youngen18

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 02:52:16 AM »
i talked to 80cj and he said he had one in the front but took it out cuz he thought it was why he kept breaking u joints but he said it operated nicely and he still has his rear installed. It deffinitley sounds like a good deal. And now that i have got a lot of input from the cja crowd, it makes me want it even more. :p

Now im just thinking whether i want a winch first or a locker first.......

henry

Aussie Lockers
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 02:00:39 PM »
Absolutely get a WINCH first.  Lockers will not get you home, a winch might. 8)