Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 31'' tire assault on Fisher West  (Read 11906 times)

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
31'' tire assault on Fisher West
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 08:08:54 PM »
Well I have both 31s and 33s, so if I put my 31s on the front and 33s on the back can I do the 31" trail in the morning and Fisher East in the afternoon?
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »
Quote from: "m0th"
Quote from: "TJ54"
Al, the Liberty would have no problems. Come along.

Dan, not Al. I'm the green Liberty, Al is the black one. :)

I knew that.  :oops:
But if Al (Fiend) is reading this he should come along as well.

Does everyone know the way to the Maclean creek store?

Well just in case.

drive west on Glenmore/Hwy 8 untill you reach Hwy 22. Then turn south. when you reach the 4 way corner in Bragg creek, by the shell station, you take the left fork and continue to the T intersection, head west from there Hwy 66? I think. You will see a K-country info booth on your right, keep going you're almost there. There is a sign on the highway pointing south to Maclean Creek recreational area. Just 1 km or so down the road you will find the store.

If you're coming from the south end of the city, head west on 22x which will turn in to hwy 66? at the T intersection mentioned above.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 08:22:02 PM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"
Well I have both 31s and 33s, so if I put my 31s on the front and 33s on the back can I do the 31" trail in the morning and Fisher East in the afternoon?

If you put the 31's on the right front, and the left rear, and the 33's on the left front and right rear, you can do both trails at the same time.

SteveO

Re: 31'' tire assault on Fisher West
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 10:42:16 PM »
Quote from: "Swampsinger"

Steve..... please join the Assault ...I'm sure you have done this trail more than I did since i've never done it  :roll:  :D  ... It's been a while man... it would be nice to see ya out there.

Cheers...?///////?

Hoping to bring the new Toy out for a test run if it's OK with my wife and would prefer to try an easier trail the first time.  I'm also not a fan of the deep mud and have had more than enough mud related issues from Fisher East. You guys have fun though.  Maybe meet up with you for dinner after if it works out. ....Steve

dogjack

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »
hate to look like the dumba$$  :lol:  but im notorious for showing up on the wrong day even the wrong month
what time and date ect.?

widowmaker.

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 09:09:13 AM »
Perfict plan Ian, I will go if it is Satuday. I hate mud!! I havent been to Mclean for 10 years or better, it would be cool to see what it looks like out there again. So count me in for a sat. run. Its not 2 easy is it? Its allways good to have a few white knuckles :D I wouldn,t mind seeing my Dad (passinger for this ride) doing the quick grab flinch for the holy crap handles :lol:  :lol: Its almost as funny as watching my wife Sheila  :lol:  :lol:

Terry

Offline Lugnut

• Budget Lift
  • At least its still a Jeep...
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »
Quote from: "Z71"
Quote from: "TJ54"

So I am sure if there were a couple of taco's and a Z71 in the parking lot they would be invited along.

Not quite a Z71 anymore, that's why I want a nice easy run for first time out.

GO EAST young man !!! :twisted:

Part of the intial test should be the snorkel  :lol:
03 Black Rubi, 4"lift, 33s, Warn 9.5ti - SOLD
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 .. 13.8 secs @100.4 mph

Z71

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »
I was actually going to give you a call today and let you borrow the snorkel to do the east run.    :lol:

Sean321

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »
I'm definately going to join, but I don't have a spare. If someone maybe has an extra? I'm running 33's, but I have a spare 31 all terrain I guess I should probably bring.

Hopefully see everyone at the store.

Thanks

-Sean

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 02:08:27 PM »
Quote from: "Sean321"
I'm definately going to join, but I don't have a spare. If someone maybe has an extra? I'm running 33's, but I have a spare 31 all terrain I guess I should probably bring.

Hopefully see everyone at the store.

Thanks

-Sean

If you come out without a spare tire and you blow a bead or get a flat, you are on your own to get it fixed.

If you have the wrong size tire on, and then have to use 2wd to get out you will be by yourself.

If you aren't properly equipped to go 4x4ing, then stay home.

It may sound harsh, but I have been out with ill equipped people too many times and I'm not doing it anymore.

I will do anything I can, to help out responsible wheelers who have tried their best to be equipped but have forgotten something or had some bad luck. But people heading out knowing they are missing equipment or have mechanical problems that may break on the trail, or come out with a 1/4 tank of gas hoping it will be enough, I have no patience for.

Now I'd better go, before I say what I really think :wink:

Sean321

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 03:10:13 PM »
Alright Alright...
Have fun on the trails.

02TJSport

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 03:27:05 PM »
Just a quick question.  I have 31"s on my jeep but when I got the jeep I have a 30" spare on it.  Do you think that will do the trick or should I get me a 31" spare?

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 03:34:14 PM »
since ure diffs are open gabe and its like barely an inch of difference i think u should be just fine with a 30" spare  :)
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

02TJSport

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 03:38:23 PM »
I was hoping because I do have plans to buy 5 new 31"s but not for another year as I can't afford the $1200 it would cost right now and what I have now should last a year I hope.  lol

So the giving a chance to get out by 2pm is that still a go?  I have a bit of a party at my place for work around 430ish.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 04:37:40 PM »
Quote from: "02TJSport"
Just a quick question.  I have 31"s on my jeep but when I got the jeep I have a 30" spare on it.  Do you think that will do the trick or should I get me a 31" spare?

Maybe the best thing to do would be to get a tape measure and measure the actual size of the tires. A tire can vary alot from it's stated size.. A 31" tire may only measure 30 1/2 '' and if it is worn down maybe even smaller. And A 30" tire maybe a little bigger. So they may end up being the same measured dimension. But it could also go the opposite way, with a small 30" and a large 31" giving a big difference between the two.

Ultimately it is your decision, I am not sure how much differnece in tire size it will take to blow up a diff. Like mudhawg says it's probably a little better with an open diff, than a locked one. There are often used 31's around, put a post in the wanted section, one will show up fast I'm sure. Or stop by Modern or National 4WD they should be happy to get rid of some of the used tires they have laying around.
Ian

Did you say PARTY ? are we all invited? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I will try and make it easy to head out by two or so, At Maclean you are never too far from the road. I would still like to head home early.
Usually the easy part will be in the morning, then some will stay to do some harder stuff in the afternoon.