Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 31'' tire assault on Fisher West  (Read 11907 times)

widowmaker.

31'' tire assault on Fisher West
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 05:35:15 PM »
Is there fuel at the store?

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »
there is NO fuel at the store
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

m0th

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 06:05:12 PM »
Closest fuel is at Bragg Creek I think

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 06:09:59 PM »
Quote from: "m0th"
Closest fuel is at Bragg Creek I think

True

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »
heh Dan one more run and they will all know you.  i just stand out with my hippy hair.  hope you make it down there.

I will know tonight if I can make it.  gonna take the measuring tape out with me.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

02TJSport

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 07:59:35 PM »
Quote from: "TJ54"
Quote from: "02TJSport"
Just a quick question.  I have 31"s on my jeep but when I got the jeep I have a 30" spare on it.  Do you think that will do the trick or should I get me a 31" spare?

Maybe the best thing to do would be to get a tape measure and measure the actual size of the tires. A tire can vary alot from it's stated size.. A 31" tire may only measure 30 1/2 '' and if it is worn down maybe even smaller. And A 30" tire maybe a little bigger. So they may end up being the same measured dimension. But it could also go the opposite way, with a small 30" and a large 31" giving a big difference between the two.

Ultimately it is your decision, I am not sure how much differnece in tire size it will take to blow up a diff. Like mudhawg says it's probably a little better with an open diff, than a locked one. There are often used 31's around, put a post in the wanted section, one will show up fast I'm sure. Or stop by Modern or National 4WD they should be happy to get rid of some of the used tires they have laying around.
Ian

Did you say PARTY ? are we all invited? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I will try and make it easy to head out by two or so, At Maclean you are never too far from the road. I would still like to head home early.
Usually the easy part will be in the morning, then some will stay to do some harder stuff in the afternoon.

Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to check that and if its not close then I'll look into finding a used spare somewhere.  I think I'm out for this run anyway.  I realized how much I have to do for the party.  Unfortunately it is only a work party as I cna't have too many ppl over as its a condo.  Besides its not a Jeep party unless your off road :)

m0th

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 08:09:21 PM »
Quote from: "FiEND"
heh Dan one more run and they will all know you.  i just stand out with my hippy hair.  hope you make it down there.

I will know tonight if I can make it.  gonna take the measuring tape out with me.

I had longer hair than you a few months ago. Got sick of eating it in the TJ with the roof down. :D

I'll be there.

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 11:53:28 PM »
blarg, not gonna make this one.  have fun!
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2006, 07:38:49 AM »
Stuff came up last night, (literally). I'm not going to make it.

If I feel better in a couple of hours I might come try and find you.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

m0th

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »
I just got back. Only a couple of Jeeps turned up for each run, so we combined and did Top of the World. The other guys then headed over to the beginning of Fisher East while I headed out as I have to go out early tonight. Great day.