Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CBs  (Read 15756 times)

Offline Ddub1973

• Budget Lift
CBs
« on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:58 PM »
Do you have any recommendations for a CB?  What to buy?  Where to buy it?  Is it a difficult installation?  I am new to this so I really have no idea what I need.   :o
DDUB OIIIIO

2013 JKUR

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
CBs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Do you have any recommendations for a CB?  What to buy?  Where to buy it?  Is it a difficult installation?  I am new to this so I really have no idea what I need.   :o

There are lots of places online and locally that sell CB's. Some cheaper and some expensive. Check out northridge 4x4 as they have a wide selection and pretty good prices.

If you need help on an install pm me here and i can help you out.

Matt
Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
CBs
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »
Where to buy it?  Is it a difficult installation?

ComTek over at the Road King gas station (Barlow and Deerfoot.... Suite 18-4949 Barlow Trail SE ). Easy install. 2 wires. Hardest part is trying to figger out where to mount it.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
CBs
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
I'm definitely interested in this.  :)
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline Bone206

• Budget Lift
CBs
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
ComTek over at the Road King gas station (Barlow and Deerfoot.... Suite 18-4949 Barlow Trail SE ). Easy install. 2 wires. Hardest part is trying to figger out where to mount it.
[/quote

You should listen to Immortal; he is a genius.
07 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1.5 spidertrax spacers, 2.5 teraflex cl, 275/70/18 duratracs, ace rock rails, black OEM  rims, safari straps roof, Cobra 29 WXBT CB

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
CBs
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:59 PM »
Comtek is perfect, if you like paying atleast 75% more for everything he sells. Checkout amazon.ca and rightchannelradios.com. Comtek is seriously a joke. No idea why people hate the money they work hard for and waste it there.

Offline Bone206

• Budget Lift
CBs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:49 PM »
maybe it depends on the day ???. . .I picked up a nice long coax cable and Wilson flexy antenna for about the same as it was off amazon (after shipping from Amazon was factored in). Some nice stuff occasionally surfaces on Kijiji as well. I agree though, it's always a good idea to shop around but if you are in a pinch, it is a local place to go to that has lots of different supplies.
07 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1.5 spidertrax spacers, 2.5 teraflex cl, 275/70/18 duratracs, ace rock rails, black OEM  rims, safari straps roof, Cobra 29 WXBT CB

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
Re: CBs
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
Comtek is perfect, if you like paying atleast 75% more for everything he sells. Checkout amazon.ca and rightchannelradios.com. Comtek is seriously a joke. No idea why people hate the money they work hard for and waste it there.

I got a great price from Dean and he is very easy to deal with. If you want to send your money south and not support local vendors, keep your comments to yourself. Dean and his wife run a great business and have for many years. Keep your comments to yourself if you really don't have something positive to say please.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: CBs
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:31:17 AM »
I got a great price from Dean and he is very easy to deal with. If you want to send your money south and not support local vendors, keep your comments to yourself. Dean and his wife run a great business and have for many years. Keep your comments to yourself if you really don't have something positive to say please.

Excuse me but who the fug are you to tell me i cant inform a new guy how he can save atleast a hundred bucks on a cb?? Who cares if hes local or not? buy from Stan if your concerned but most importantly... Get off your soap box man... Cheers.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Re: Re: CBs
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:53 AM »
Excuse me but who the fug are you to tell me i cant inform a new guy how he can save atleast a hundred bucks on a cb?? Who cares if hes local or not? buy from Stan if your concerned but most importantly... Get off your soap box man... Cheers.

Nobody is telling you that you can't make suggestions about where to get CB's on the cheap....but you're trashing a business that's done right by a lot of us over the years. How many internet retailers have gone out to the parking lot to give advice to a noob on how to mount a CB antenna to their Jeep?

We're fine with you expressing your opinion...but if your opinion is limited to "buy anywhere other than comtek", you should keep your mouth shut.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Ddub1973

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
Thanks for all the tips folks.  I will check out what Dean has and I will do my research on pricing.  Thanks again.
DDUB OIIIIO

2013 JKUR

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CBs
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
Im fine with you expressing your opinion...but if  I dont agree with your opinion, Ill tell you to keep your mouth shut.

10-4

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CBs
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »
I can't be bothered to engage in a dicsussion, so I'm just going to put words in your mouth.

Fairly typical for you. Thanks for contributing!
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
The old guy at the road king is a good guy and has lots of affordable stuff.

Cb's in jeeps are disposable, so dont get anything fancy. Im sure the ol boy can get you set up for around a 100 bucks.

There something to be said for being able to stand there and pick stuff off a shelf and talk to a guy that knows radio's.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »
The old guy at the road king is a good guy and has lots of affordable stuff.

Cb's in jeeps are disposable, so dont get anything fancy. Im sure the ol boy can get you set up for around a 100 bucks.

There something to be said for being able to stand there and pick stuff off a shelf and talk to a guy that knows radio's.

That's my feeling as well. I just don't like when people make off the cuff comments that they would never make in person that's all. No harm no foul.