Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Garage Broken into  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Dagoose

• Budget Lift
Garage Broken into
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
An all too familiar theme in Calgary it seems...

For some reason I decided to look out my backyard at about 11:00 PM and noticed that my gate was open. Walked out to check on it and saw that my garage was open a crack. Opening my garage and I saw a mess. They got into my Jeep and stole the following things:

-Mastercraft drill that was a couple of years old. Probably paid $100 for it. Didn't take the charger or extra battery.
-Kawasaki impact gun. Bougt it 5 years ago and it had stopped holding a charge for longer than 5 minutes of use. Didn't take the charger or extra battery.
-Garmin GPS. It was stuck in Crowsnest pass, so if I wanted to go acroos the street, my GPS would send me to crowsnest first. It did make a speedometer though.
-Clarion sub and amp.
-Some empties that I had been meaning to take to the bottle depot.
-A Tim Hortons card that didn't have any money left on it.
-Some loose change.

They didn't take any of my other tools or wheeling gear. After putting all of my expensive stuff intomy house, a parked my Jeep into the garage door so it couldn't be opened. Then I noticed my sub and amp hidden behind my garbage can outside. I obviously put that in my house. My guess is they didn't want to carry it around and were going to come back and pawn it in the morning.

Overall I got off lucky. At least I got some dumb thieves, probably bottle pickers that didn't know much about robbing people's garages.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Garage Broken into
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:10:31 PM »
Shitty Colin. Should have waited for them to come back for the amp ;)

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Shitty Colin. Should have waited for them to come back for the amp ;)

Ya    ,   what were you thinking  , opportunities like that don't present themselves often !

I'm just itching to kick sum lowlife butt , the house across the street was burglarized a couple of weeks ago . The Cops came over and asked if we'd  seen anything ,  he mentioned there were numerous home breakins in our hood lately , I'm on high alert .

You guys probably already  know how much I hate thieves  ,   Grrrr

Offline GreenMachine

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »
Broke into my garage 2 years back, the reason we ended up buying my dog, they stole my blow torch, and my iPod, that's it,
Spare jeep keys were in my hoodie pocket in the back seat, could have taken both vehicles out of my garage, but didn't, reported it to the cops, then they came back the next day, and went through all the same boxes, I thought they stole my guns n roses cd the second time, but I found it in my basement months later, didn't actually take anything the 2nd time, there is a lot of idiots out there that don't want to work for there own things, I've invested in better locks and a big dog, hopefully next time her bark scares them off before her teeth take a chunk out of them.

Ps, we waited all night in my kitchen the 3rd night, but no one came back :(
03 Tj Lifted 2.5" - Light Bar - 31's - Rock Sliders - Full Edge Jammer Trail Kit

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »
As some folks are already aware, I'm living mostly in Texas now, with frequent trips back to Cowtown.

Interestingly enough, the law in Texas is very clear on something....if someone is attempting to enter your home (or the attached garage) forcibly after dark, you are legally in the clear to use deadly force to prevent them from doing so. This very definitely also applies to someone that has already forcibly entered your property.

Personally, I would not choose to use deadly force unless I felt that there was a real threat to me (life or limb)....but anything that "goes bump in the night" around my place these days sees a very bright flashlight mounted just below a round black hole that just happens to be 0.45 inches in diameter.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Garage Broken into
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:14 PM »
Also known as a "glory hole".

Couldnt resist Todd hehe.

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Let's say some one broke in our house or garage and u catch them in the Act and u so happen to have ur shot gun in our hand can u shoot the bastard ?

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »
The short answer is no. Welcome to Kanada.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(