Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: My garage robbed....  (Read 16009 times)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re: My garage robbed....
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »
Good attitude 8).  I know id still be on the whole f-the world thing, if this happened to me. Dealing with insurance sucks, I know I'm dealing with it right now. I had insurance replace my floor a week later the floor attacked my babies foot (not impressed)
sometimes it's not worth it  If you ever want to go for a brew/coffee pm me.  Ill buy the first round, and we can say f-the world together.  lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:01:31 PM by BUKI »

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
crappy Mike.
Do not let insurance off the hook, you need to be assertive!
i was robbed. i had no receipts, no pics. But i had contents insurance for 25,000. (rental house at the time when i moved to Calgary). We just arrived and assume the thieves exited in mid thievery.
Insurance took care of me except for my coin collection, a jug of change, 50x$2 American bills, a awesome heavy duty big American Flag with 49 stars (pre Hawaii). i also lost an antique gun that they gave me replacement value for which was nowhere near its worth. My grad watch my Mom bought me also was taken.
i felt violated.
But, i never let insurance off the hook. They ponied up bigtime. i refused all offers until they got fair.

Good Luck!
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline 4low

• Budget Lift
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 12:00:54 AM »
Buki;
that poor little foot! I know how much it hurts to see my little one with little injuries, that's quite the sliver!

Tom;
Thx man, I'm gonna try my best.

Here's hopin'.

thanks all.
BTL WGN

><>

Offline Toyman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »
Sh@tty deal. 

In dealing with the insurance company, make sure that you tell them that these are personal tools and that you don't do any side jobs at home.  They might try to weasel out of covering anything if they know that you do work out of your garage, they can make an arguement that they should be under a seperate commercial insurance policy.
04 Rubi

Offline newfie glass

• UberWheeler
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
if you cant get anywhere with your insurance company, let me know as my aunt and 2 cousins work for one. I can ask them to look into some options for you.
sorry to hear about this.
Quality Paintless dent repair
403-807-1042

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
Your story brings back bad memories.  The same thing happened to me some 20 years ago when thieves broke into my garage and stole approx 20 grand worth of Snap -On.  The insurance company eventually paid but it was a long tortuous path.

When I built my new garage I left out the windows and installed sky lights instead.  When I'm not in the garage all the doors are dead bolted and the vehicle door is padlocked shut.  The area surrounding the garage is well lighted with automatic lights and I now keep EVERY receipt for any tool even if it costs $2.

Don't count on any help from the cops, they told me they don't come out for garage break- ins unless the garage is attached.

Offline Greg-100

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
 Posted in wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:24:35 PM by Greg-100 »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
That's some bad advice.

Using force on someone if you or a member of your family is not at risk is going to get you arrested. Using lethal force (and ANY firearm is lethal force) on a theif fleeing the scene of a crime? I woulnd't stake the next 10 years of my life on it....and that's what you'd be doing if you decided to use a firearm in a case like that.

Bad, bad advice.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: My garage robbed....
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »
If they are fleeing, and ya shoot em, its called murder, not much of a grey area in that department.

Offline Greg-100

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
Posted in wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:25:33 PM by Greg-100 »

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 03:06:34 PM »
No offence but, wtf are you rambling on about?

Offline Greg-100

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »
No offence taken....

What part are you unclear about?

Greg

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
Relevance, yup that's it.

Offline Greg-100

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 06:34:37 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh... you are right!

This is the beat on Insurance thread.

Just one guy is on the beat on thieves theme.

Will cut it from this thread and will move it over to the beat on thieves thread.

Good call!

Later!

Greg
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:28:38 PM by Greg-100 »

Offline 89cherokee

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 01:27:06 AM »
Start hitting the pawn shops. If you find your stuff call the  police and report it. Pawn shops are required by law to hold items for 60 days before selling to make sure they are not stolen.
Sounds bogus to me, never heard this rule