Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Thoughts on jk lift kits  (Read 18083 times)

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 08:05:12 AM »
Body lifts are gayer than aids.

Offline Skippy

• Baby Wheeler
    • Allure Custom Contracting Ltd
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »
2012 JKU Sahara,
2" BDS lift, BDS manual sway-bar disconnect, 33" Duratracs, 17" Series 050 Rims (All 5)
SmittyBilt XRC Front Bumper with 8,000lb smittybilt x2o winch

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »
Body lifts are gayer than aids.

Not nearly as gay as a ten post troll like you buddy.

Shut up fag.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:34 AM »
I understand your reasoning behind the body lift, however I stand firm on no body lifts, I would rather drop the cash into a suspension lift that is designed to take all those angles into consideration and upgrade the driveline acordingly.

There is no such thing. You have to move the body away to make room for suspension travel and larger tires.

No free lunch.

You can cut, add body lift, or preferrably do both.

Anything else is a compomise.

No body can tell when you run a 1.25" lift. Your mindset is purely due to ignorance. You can be as firm as you want. It wont make you any more right.

It will just mean you will finish your jeep leaving a lot of performance on the table.

Decision is your, but you should at least be aware of what you are getting into before you make that decision.

Water, meet skippy.

Done
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
Dis gun be gud :o

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »
I just installed a metal cloak game changer few weeks ago and have nothing but amazment as feed back. Check the website for vids and tech.

Can you keep us updates as to how your joints do? They are new to the market, and right now are the only feasible competition curry has for the JJ.

That is a well done suspension. Im curious to see how those shocks hold up. Interesting design to say the least.

Did you make sure you used a lot of antiseize on you LCA bolts? Without greasable bolts you will want to make sure you doped those bolts up really good. Otherwise a few winter runs, and a calgary winter will seize those bolts in there really bad.

Thats a fun spot where your pics are at. I've tested my bolt in suspension there once or twice as well ;)

Oh yeah, and I run over 5.5 inches of total body lift and cut. 2 inches of suspension. 6 inches of uptravel all the way around. 50-60mph on the trail. 76 inches to the top of the windsheild frame and 20 inches under the belly.

But, hey, what do I know...............lol
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:41:23 AM by Bnine »
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »
He's not telling you to do a 4" body lift, and he's not telling you a suspension lift is bad. He's telling you that using a small body lift (1.25") as part of your total lift has major benefits, more so then just doing a straight 4" suspension lift, which will hurt ya more in the long run.

You wanna spend 4500 beans on your Jeep, you as well get your head out of your @ss and atleast consider the solid advise your given. In the end its your money, whether you spend it wisely or poorly is your decision, people here are just trying to help you spend it wisely ;)

You won't regret the small body lift now, but you will regret not doing it, can almost promise you that.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
people here are just trying to tell you about the shiz they learned the hard way so that you can decide whether or not you wanna spend your cash on learning those same lessons the hard way ;)

Fixed it for ya.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
Thanks for the new desktop background Billy :o

Offline Skippy

• Baby Wheeler
    • Allure Custom Contracting Ltd
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
Haha i love how heated everyone gets on this forum... I have decided to go with a shop in Calgary and have them custom build me a lift as my new axles already have the evo coil over mounts. Realistically I will be spending close to 10 grand on the lift which I don't mind doing. I will do it correctly to the type of driving I except to do. Body lift or not it will be don't correctly and built to drive nice both on and off road.
2012 JKU Sahara,
2" BDS lift, BDS manual sway-bar disconnect, 33" Duratracs, 17" Series 050 Rims (All 5)
SmittyBilt XRC Front Bumper with 8,000lb smittybilt x2o winch

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »
Thanks for the new desktop background Billy :o

Guess you got tired of staring at Justin Bieber eh?
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
IMO, a body lift does nothing exept make your rig appear taller and raise the center of gravity, if you are serious about wheeling, you need the essentials, larger tires to aid in climbing obstacles and clearance under the axles, suspension travel to help keep all 4 on the ground to aid in traction and stability, undercarriage clearance to aid in apex clearance especially if your running a rig with a longer wheel base ie: unlimited wrangler, as well doing all this while keeping your jeep at stock hieght vs width ratio ie: go up 4" go out 4" thus also helping clear the tires required for the previous essentials. With fender flares and an easy 4" suspension lift this jeep will fit 37's easy at full flex, so why would you want to make your rig even higher. 

But I'm also 15 and still waiting on my power wheels jeep lift kit, Dam things are hard to find.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
IMO

At least you are smart enough to put "In your opinion", because from that post above, its more then obvious that you really dont know crap.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 10:35:24 AM »
Haha i love how heated everyone gets on this forum... I have decided to go with a shop in Calgary and have them custom build me a lift as my new axles already have the evo coil over mounts. Realistically I will be spending close to 10 grand on the lift which I don't mind doing. I will do it correctly to the type of driving I except to do. Body lift or not it will be don't correctly and built to drive nice both on and off road.

blah blah blah

All I heard was, " Im to stubborn to listen to common sense. So instead I'll try to fix stupid with my checkbook."

Good luck
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 10:35:46 AM »
IMO, a body lift does nothing exept make your rig appear taller and raise the center of gravity,

Why don't you stop and think for just a minute. If you want an inch of clearance for larger wheels, what affects your COG more....raising the body by one inch, or raising the body, engine, and frame by one inch?

I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(