Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Thoughts on jk lift kits  (Read 18090 times)

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »
IMO, a body lift does nothing exept make your rig appear taller and raise the center of gravity.

So in your opinion, lifting only the body raises your center of gravity more then lifting the entire chassis? Interesting concept.

Head, meet @ss.

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »
You guys are totally right! My bad!  go put a 4" body lift on, slap some 37's on er, and go wheeling. Have fun with your stock suspension and chassis hieght.

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »
But remember safety first, when your out there make sure you got your high beams for the extra horse and your windshield wipers vertical for extra balance

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
But remember safety first, when your out there make sure you got your high beams for the extra horse and your windshield wipers vertical for extra balance
don't be an idiot............. only stickers of all the mods you do give you more horse power. don't be a noob!  each sticker equates to like, 2HP. the more the better!

on another note, what rig do you have here? you seem to have some pretty good knowledge about building capable rigs..........
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
You guys are totally right! My bad!  go put a 4" body lift on, slap some 37's on er, and go wheeling. Have fun with your stock suspension and chassis hieght.

Now that would be stoopid, which is why no one here suggested that. Wait... Why am I feedin this troll?

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
don't be an idiot............. only stickers of all the mods you do give you more horse power. don't be a noob!  each sticker equates to like, 2HP. the more the better!

on another note, what rig do you have here? you seem to have some pretty good knowledge about building capable rigs..........

I didn't know that, do the bigger stickers give you more than the smaller ones?

09 jk rubi

Offline Bucketboy

• Stocker
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
Now that would be stoopid, which is why no one here suggested that. Wait... Why am I feedin this troll?

That's 15 post troll to you.

Because your ego needs to fed

Offline Kanueh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »
So in your opinion, lifting only the body raises your center of gravity more then lifting the entire chassis? Interesting concept.

Head, meet @ss.

How about stoping telling people there idiots or ignorant to get your point across and try just using the facts. If they chose not to do it so be it but its still their choice. He was asking for opinions not ridicule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 JKU Rubicon
3" BDS Lift / Kingone 9.5 Winch / 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers / Custom Front Drive Shaft
EVO Sleeves, Outer axle seals, Gussets, Control Arm Skids / Poison Spyder EVAP Skid
Superchips FlashPaq / Spal Waterproof Radiator Fan / Univers

Offline Skippy

• Baby Wheeler
    • Allure Custom Contracting Ltd
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »
How about stoping telling people there idiots or ignorant to get your point across and try just using the facts. If they chose not to do it so be it but its still their choice. He was asking for opinions not ridicule.

Well said.
2012 JKU Sahara,
2" BDS lift, BDS manual sway-bar disconnect, 33" Duratracs, 17" Series 050 Rims (All 5)
SmittyBilt XRC Front Bumper with 8,000lb smittybilt x2o winch

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
You guys are totally right! My bad!  go put a 4" body lift on, slap some 37's on er, and go wheeling. Have fun with your stock suspension and chassis hieght.

The chassis height goes up 3-4" from adding 37's to a stock rig.

Stock wrangler suspension both in the TJ and JK have almost perfect geometry from the factory. The only reason they are ever changed out is to upgrade the factory joints, or address geometry changes due to high lifts. Which if you know geometry, you know that most companies frack up the geometry in order to give cutsomers gimmicks like bolt on long arms.

I've won competitions on 38's with 5 inches of body lift and almost stock suspension height.

Like RATM says. "What the frack have you ever done"

Exactly. So instead of acting like a douchebag, and pretending to know anything when its beyond obvious you havnt the first frickin' clue what you are talking about, how about you STFU, sit back and try to learn something.

You can keep trolling if you really want, but Im just going to tear apart everything you say until you either figure out you are technically out of your league, or you get pissy and just start trolling which will result in a vacation for you from the board for while.

Up to you.

My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »

Body lift hate is ignorance. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts

Note the bold and then note the relevance of it to this thread.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:52 PM »

Did you even read what was quoted? That's the problem with people, CAN'T COMPREHEND. What advice did he ask for? All he said was bodylifts are gayer then aids and then went onto claim that bodylifts defy physics. How is that in anyway shape or form asking for opinions, get YOUR head out of your @ss as well and read the fuggin post next time ;)

Offline Skippy

• Baby Wheeler
    • Allure Custom Contracting Ltd
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2012, 03:15:07 PM »
Did you even read what was quoted? That's the problem with people, CAN'T COMPREHEND. What advice did he ask for? All he said was bodylifts are gayer then aids and then went onto claim that bodylifts defy physics. How is that in anyway shape or form asking for opinions, get YOUR head out of your @ss as well and read the fuggin post next time ;)

What he was trying to get across was all I asked for originally was opinions on lift kits and that turned in if I don't do it their way I'm an idiot... All I wanted to know was what kits people had, how they were working out and what they would recommend. Not the only kit I can have is a 3+1 and that it has to be a short arm or I am an ignorant idiot. It really is a no brainer as to why this thread got trolled . because there was no discussion it was just straight up remarks and opinions by people who are either smart and can't educate or who are themselves ignorant to the fact that when when someone asks for advise and opinions he would like them with out being chastised.
2012 JKU Sahara,
2" BDS lift, BDS manual sway-bar disconnect, 33" Duratracs, 17" Series 050 Rims (All 5)
SmittyBilt XRC Front Bumper with 8,000lb smittybilt x2o winch

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
What he was trying to get across was all I asked for originally was opinions on lift kits and that turned in if I don't do it their way I'm an idiot... All I wanted to know was what kits people had, how they were working out and what they would recommend. Not the only kit I can have is a 3+1 and that it has to be a short arm or I am an ignorant idiot. It really is a no brainer as to why this thread got trolled . because there was no discussion it was just straight up remarks and opinions by people who are either smart and can't educate or who are themselves ignorant to the fact that when when someone asks for advise and opinions he would like them with out being chastised.

Well what he got across was far different then what you just said, and what you just said is far different then reality.

You asked for advice, you got damn good advice. Don't take the advice of those who have gone through what you are, spent a crap ton money only to redo it, I could care less at this point. Your not breaking new ground, your question is nothing that hasn't been answered a million times before. What is ground breaking is ignoring what the sound advice your given, especially by those who know more I'd bet then the shop your about to blow 10 grand at, myself NOT included. Other then that Im just gonna sit back and shake my head at how utterly ridiculous it is to not take advice because "body lifts are gay".

Take how butt hurt you are now, and times it by 10 when you realize how much money you've waisted, again... I could care less.

I've changed my advice.

1. Go buy the $10,000 lift.

2. Get that sweet poser shot all flexed out on a big arse rock, snap quick before she rolls over.

3. After floppin it, come back here and ask these guys how you shoulda done it.

Was that rude? Yup. Do I care? No. Afterall nobody could possibly know a thing about Jeeps and lifts on this site. I know absolutely crap compared these guys, but I can tell you one thing, a body lift is about the best 100 bucks you could spend on your shiny new toy. Other then a tapout sticker of course.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on jk lift kits
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 05:33:28 PM »
Other then a tapout sticker of course.

Tapout stickers are gayer than aids. You're an idiot if you don't put a "No Fear" sticker on your rig.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(