Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Winter Beater  (Read 7457 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: Winter Beater
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
i had to notch my floor to get 4 low to engage, and it still doesn't always engage, but i think thats cause my 231 is just finnicky; it only goes in when jeeps running.  weird.

its nice with the CVs up front too. 4wd is sweeeeet
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »
the dowel pin is a really gay experience.....

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
well u know its been awhile when this is in red at the top of your screen
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

Well this weekend the shop was empty at emf and i had some time to myself.. it started with my slippy trans...i removed that and my t case first...

guess that would be considered the point of no return for my trans...  so a quick rebuild this week and gonna throw it back together..

my used np242 unfourtunatley is pouched drained the oil and it was more silver shine then pink......but i have another one i picked up from apeman... gonna open it up and see if it needs a rebuild itself to...

well after getting the trans and t case out... the back of the engine was not looking to good leaks from oil pan, intake, and rear main... plus low oil pressure(most likely a pump) so i made the decision to also pull it...

well after the oil pan removal and valve covers and intake... some badness started to show its face....  looking down at my cam i find one lobe has a huge chunk slahs gash in it a few of my valves have evidence of leaks past(mainly on exhaust) so now begins the part influx...

so far plans are rebearing, re ring, re seal, replace oil pump, replace water pump, timing chain and cam and lifters, and go through the heads...

let the fun begin..... hopefully back up and running in the next few weeks..  maybe get the lift and steering done in the process...

decided gonna do a set of rad flo coilovers up front to help with all the eventual weight that will be up there....