Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 4 Wheelers to get raped again.  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
4 Wheelers to get raped again.
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:12:45 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: 4 Wheelers to get raped again.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
There is a public presentation at the radison hotel tomorrow, tuesday  till 8 pm.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28:14 AM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:13:02 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »

might be worthwhile to go through their online workbook there. took me two hours last night, and i wrote alot.  there are some direct questions to OHV and two directly at 'mud bogging'

i know its asking a lot for people to donate a substantial amount of their time to go through and read such a huge questionaire, and offer up opinions, escpecially if you aren't much of a typer/computer buff;

but its there, and whether you believe in that kind of thing or not, this is one of their ways of collecting input; use it or don't thats your call. 

FYI, i'll be going to the Nov. 28th session in Okotoks if some of you guys in the South end want to convoy out and represent.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: 4 Wheelers to get raped again.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »
I won't be able to make tonights due to work but I'm definately down for that convoy idea for sure.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:38:42 AM »
X2 Jonny. Airdrie on the 20  as well for those in the north. Will be doing the work book as well.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
Ah ill do the 20th then since I'm in Coventry hills.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
Happened to be across the street so I dropped in for a bit - knew one of the consultants from Lethbridge and had a good chat.

Seems to me that the title above could be applied to ALL motorized users not just 4 Wheelers - very little info on future of motorized recreation.

The 4-8 is just the open house for the public - apparently the sessions start at 10:00 by invitation only and include presentations and round tables - for you guys planning to attend in Okotoks you want to make sure you have someone attend the earlier session but make sure you're up to speed on all the material.

If you are attending the 4-8 sessions all of the material is on the website with the exception of notes from the roundtables earlier in the day. The questionnaires need to be completed by Dec 21 and will be compiled into the final report due next spring/summer. If you do them online they can be completed in multiple sessions.
Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:13:42 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
http://www.banister.ab.ca/SSRPworkbookphase2/

Take some time and fill in some blanks.
i have been told that you can skip everything in the workbook but recreation section. No excuses to not get it done...
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:48 AM »

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:35 AM »
Contact Dave Borutski, Senior Policy Manager from the Land Use Secretariat (Provincial Government) and upon his advice send him a formal request to get added to the stakeholder list.
Airdrie - Tuesday November 20
Canmore - Wednesday November 21
Cochrane - Thursday November 22
Okotoks - Wednesday, November 28
Strathmore - Thursday, November 29

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »
Land use plan for southern Alberta lacks detail, say critics
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
By Colette Derworiz, Calgary Herald

CALGARY — Recommendations given to the province that will ultimately shape the landscape in southern Alberta are being panned by environmentalists, landowners and recreational groups as too vague.

On Tuesday, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development held public consultations to get public input on a regional advisory council’s advice for the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan.

The plan, which spans 83,764 square kilometres in southern Alberta, explores the relationship between population growth, water supply, economic growth and land conservation.

More than 175 people — from regular Calgarians and recreational groups to environmental groups and oil companies — attended either a private stakeholder session during the day or a public open house in the evening.

“It’s a lot of different viewpoints,” said Trevor Gemmell, spokesman for Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.

In the South Saskatchewan region, the plan will affect 45 per cent of the province’s population and includes the cities of Calgary, Medicine Hat and Lethbridge, where population growth has had an impact on the landscape.

Recommendations by a regional advisory council that provided advice to the Alberta government include taking measures to sustain water quality and quantity, respecting private land ownership and developing conservation tools. It will ultimately determine where development can take place and where parks should be designated to protect watersheds or provide recreational activities for Albertans.

Most oil companies and environmental groups attended the closed-door stakeholder sessions.

“There was definitely some consensus that it’s too vague,” said Sarah Elmeligi, a senior conservation planner with the southern Alberta chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Association.

During the session, she said there was some recognition that a healthy economy is dependent on a healthy environment.

Those who attended the public open house were also concerned the recommendations don’t address some key issues.

“We’re spitting mad,” said Peter Straub of the Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser Association, which uses the trail system in southern Alberta for off-roading. “It’s a recipe for closure of our activities.”

The plan, he said, doesn’t allow for sustainable use of the trail systems.

Some said they just want to make sure access is continued in some of the recreational areas.

“We’re very interested in making sure we maintain access into the Ghost-Waiparous region,” said Trevor Jones of the Calgary Mountain Club, which represents climbers. “It’s a strong section of rock. It’s a world resource. People travel from all over the world to use it.

“The Ghost is our wilderness. We want to maintain it as an adventure playground.”

Kevin Stanton, a rancher who runs Brewster Mountain Pack Trains, added that there needs to be stronger protection and enforcement in the Foothills.

Others, however, were concerned the open house was just for show.

“It’s another display,” said Shaun Peter, president of Bragg Creek & Kananaskis Outdoor Recreation. “In reality, there will be little public input in the plan.”

Provincial officials said all information gathered during the consultations will be considered when the province comes up with a draft plan, which is scheduled to be ready by next spring for further public input.

[email protected]

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
I'll be headin out from Coventry Hills to Airdrie for tomorrows, if anyone wants to join up, can meet at my place, right off deerfoot pretty much.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Contact Dave Borutski, Senior Policy Manager from the Land Use Secretariat (Provincial Government) and upon his advice send him a formal request to get added to the stakeholder list.
Airdrie - Tuesday November 20
Canmore - Wednesday November 21
Cochrane - Thursday November 22
Okotoks - Wednesday, November 28
Strathmore - Thursday, November 29
Just to be clear, the above are stakeholder formal meetings. The time is 10am to 2pm.
 i know there will be a strong showing from the bike community but what about 4x4 representation?

PM me if you can make it and i will give you the contact info to be registered. There is no limit!