Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 4 Wheelers to get raped again.  (Read 6688 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: 4 Wheelers to get raped again.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »
Glad i went. Very interesting.
Definitely having as many show up is advantageous as there are many round table discussions regarding various sections. Having the OHV voice being heard at as many if not all the tables would be ideal.

i was the only 4wd rep pimping CJA today (unless some others were there???) along with 3 bike reps today. We may not have changed some 'closed' minds but i feel we may have at least influenced and dismissed some preconceived notions regarding motorized use.

WATER is the single greatest focus of concern.
Sustainability is key to the future of all activities within the 7 regions making up Alberta.

Key points that i hammered and seeing the feedback notes from other tables mirroring my thoughts is a unanimous agreement in ENFORCEMENT and USER FEES.

i would also like to mention with the 2 remaining dates at Okotoks and Strathmore that you 'can' show up late and you 'could' leave early.
i imagine the agenda is the same for all venues.
Scheduled 10-2
Breakfast supplied self serve until noon(coffee, tea, pop, juice, muffins and pastry)
Several folks drifted in after the 10 am start time and continued right up until 11:15am.
Lunch is at noon (supplied and delicious)
The  section covering OHV use primarily gets underway after lunch.

So, if anyone can even do 11am to ??pm, it is better than not going at all.
As Cochrane is so close to the Ghost and Maclean, i feel Okotoks is also very important to represent.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »
https://landuse.alberta.ca/LandUse%20Documents/Phase%201%20South%20Saskatchewan%20Regional%20Workbook%20Results%20Summary%20-%202010-07.pdf

so, the workbook that some of us completed is up and online.

i'll save you some reading; pages 54 - 70.  thats your fun reading.

there were some good suggestions, in fact i think a few that i wrote are actually paraphrased in there......... however those views are few....... and more that would rather swing the ban hammer.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:23:21 PM by JackstandJohnny »
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline CatSplat

• Budget Lift
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
Better manage motorized vehicle use
• Some individuals firmly indicated that the use of motorized vehicles should be banned on all
public lands.Respondents believed that the use of motorized vehicles is destructive to the
environment;
• Some respondents indicated that motorized vehicle use should be restricted.Use should not be
permitted in the Eastern Slopes and south Castle drainage area, or within the backcountry,
headwaters, high elevations,waterways, sensitive areas, native grassland or protected areas.A
few individuals stated that motorized vehicles should not be used for recreational purposes, and
should only be permitted by lease or permit holders;
• According to a few individuals,motorized vehicle use should be contained to designated areas,
which are separate from non-motorized recreation.These specific places should have staging
areas and designated routes that are planned on less sensitive land (e.g., gravel pits,poor
agriculture value, future logging areas, etc.).Conversely, a few individuals claimed that dispersing
recreational activity over all public lands would be better than concentrating specific activities
on small portions of public lands;
• According to a few individuals, the GoA needs to provide clear guidelines on motorized vehicle
use on public lands;
• A few respondents remarked that motorized vehicle use should be enforced with stricter rules
(e.g., access, noise, emissions, numbers and seasonal use);
• One respondent stressed the need to distinguish between the use of motorized vehicles as a
primary recreational experience versus their use as a transportation method to access areas for
non-motorized activities;
• Another individual expressed that the conflict between OHV users and other recreational users
needs to be proactively addressed; and
• One respondent supported the use of motorized vehicles in well-managed areas.
Jeep of Theseus

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
lol i jumped the gun. thast the old one from 2010. 2012 should be out soon

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Prevent_the_LOSS_of_recreational_land_usage_in_Southern_Alberta/?pv=14

Link to a petition. Donno if it would do any good but still.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:54:16 AM by JackstandJohnny »
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build