Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Confirm something for me re: bumpers  (Read 1794 times)

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
Confirm something for me re: bumpers
« on: June 16, 2005, 04:03:08 PM »
Will a YJ bumper fit a TJ and vice versa? Just a regular bolt-on mounted in the stock location on the frame, no winch plate. Specifically, will this:

http://www.jeepfabrication.com/Files/Bumpers/Bumper1/TJbumperwithmounts.pdf

Fit my YJ as designed?

Abrasive

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 04:09:39 PM »
I believe the frame horns on both are the same, however, to check, all you've got to do is measure the bolt hole spacing in the drawing and compare it to the bolt hole spacings on your frame.

If you'r interested, I'm going to be building a front and rear bumper for my TJ soon, and plan on building two so that I can recoup my losses on material by selling the second one. Let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you posted on the progress and let you know what they'll look like when complete.

Kris

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 06:34:15 PM »
Quote from: "Abrasive"
I believe the frame horns on both are the same, however, to check, all you've got to do is measure the bolt hole spacing in the drawing and compare it to the bolt hole spacings on your frame.

If you'r interested, I'm going to be building a front and rear bumper for my TJ soon, and plan on building two so that I can recoup my losses on material by selling the second one. Let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you posted on the progress and let you know what they'll look like when complete.

Kris

I'm going to measure tonite. Only problem is converting a lot of the measurements on that PDF. I'm interested in splitting the cost with you, but I know I can get this one done for $200. If you'll be close to that, shoot me a PM.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 07:55:49 PM »
I am very certain the the TJ and YJ frame holes on the back are identical.
'95 YJ with a few mods