Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: tube bender  (Read 1917 times)

Offline new2jeepguy

• Budget Lift
tube bender
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
I,m going to get a J.D. squared  model 3 tube and pipe bender.To recover some of the cost if anyone needs some bending,simple stuff   ,I could do it.  fancy intricate bends not right away, but if your good at it already I.d be prepared to let you use it in my garage where I.ll have it mounted to the floor  properly  and maybe learn fron you.Any interest.?   I,m thinking of buying a least 2 dies a 2 inch and a 1/3/4     It will do dom tube    I  have a 1 inch bender  already , should be good for gussetts or grab handles  etc   haven,t tried it yet.   I,m so excited to start building my roll cage reinforcement stuff,  rocker guards etc I,m gonna die.   Should be getting it as  soon as I convince the wife that if I don,t  I may start looking at an exotic car from the states .   I,m gonna tell her a found a nice corvette for 35000$    that I like,  that should do it  .  we,ll see    HMMMM  1200$     bender or   35000$   toy      Learnin how to play the game with my boss   

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
Re: tube bender
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
Learning 35000 is a big mistake to throw out there lol.

Do what I do I buy the item then say it was on sale and would it be better to buy it for 3000 or 1500 half price lol. I might be intriated in some bending also how much would ya charge?

Offline new2jeepguy

• Budget Lift
Re: tube bender
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:17:07 AM »
depends on how much material you have to bend i guess    im a reasonable guy   im not out to make my million, just wanna share the tool [ and its cost]   i,ll post when i get the bender