Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Today at McLean  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Joe Dirt

• Winch Wench
  • Over it..Threw it.. Never around it!!!
Today at McLean
« on: November 24, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
Wicked day. . 12 units I think.  Haha. 

I was hoping that any of you who Were there and got video footage of my jeep doing the accents on the Hills.  Could you email it to me please so I can show my wife. 

[email protected]

Please make the subject off road vids.

Thank you very much. 

Cheers
Joe Dirt!! That's right... You heard it... I am here.. AND I DONT DRIVE NO HEMI!!!

98 XJ - 5 1/2" lift - 33's - 10,000 lb winch - Eaton Front Diff Locker - Detroit Rear Diff Limited Slip - Rubicon springs - Dana 44 Axle/Diffs w/ Warn locks - Irock T ca

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Today at McLean
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
I saw you coming back with your hazzard lights on on 22X just coming up the hill going east bound pass the turn off to hwy 762 . I guess you made it home ok.

I hope the damage was not too bad... (basically..I want to hear the story  ;D).

Cheers,
Dom

Offline Joe Dirt

• Winch Wench
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:40:09 AM »
Well basically all was awesome.  We did some pretty narly Hill climbs etc.  Then I seemed to lose 4 low.  Upon inspection I found the lefts side of my transmission/t case cross member hanging 8"down.  "The two bolts stripped them selves out and fell of of the frame.  Or maybe whoever did the t case drop kit didn't use washers and over tightened the bolts.  Haha.  Either way they fell out.
But the mighty winch straps got me out of the Bush. 
A big thanks to crunch and the others who helped me put it back together.

But I have a special thanks to the guy who was supposed to Caravan with me to the south end of Calgary... But just left me and took off...No names mentioned

This week I will repair it and replace the now shot t case in put seal.  HAHA.

The guys out there were awesome.  Thanks folks.  I will most definitely wheel with you guys again
Joe Dirt!! That's right... You heard it... I am here.. AND I DONT DRIVE NO HEMI!!!

98 XJ - 5 1/2" lift - 33's - 10,000 lb winch - Eaton Front Diff Locker - Detroit Rear Diff Limited Slip - Rubicon springs - Dana 44 Axle/Diffs w/ Warn locks - Irock T ca

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »

But I have a special thanks to the guy who was supposed to Caravan with me to the south end of Calgary... But just left me and took off...No names mentioned

Wow.... low blow buddy. My battery was at 9 volts for the whole time I waited around, supplied tools and help fix your jeep, twice. I waited at mclean store for you for a while but had to get going as my battery was on its last leg and if I sat there it would have died and then we would have bigger problems to deal with. Also, when I last saw you on the gravel road there was 3 jeeps behind you. Glad to hear you got home but really don't appreciate your uncalled for, sarcastic comment towards me. 
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline Joe Dirt

• Winch Wench
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
First off you can't read sarcasm into the written language as there was none
Secondly I thanked Everyone for the help I recieved which meant you as well
Thirdly I never mentioned your name
Forth you obviously didn't hear me when I told you I had a spare alternator in my truck I could have lent you if yours died on the way home.
Fifth you Offered to stay with me to the South of Calgary
Sixth the three jeeps you saw were going to another trail and not following me.  I tried several times on the cb to reach you but ouldn't,  to let you know that I could only drive 60k Max an hour.

If you took that as a negative then that was you.  I simply stated a fact with no sarcasm intended.

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Glad you made It home ok!

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
First off you can't read sarcasm into the written language as there was none
Secondly I thanked Everyone for the help I recieved which meant you as well
Thirdly I never mentioned your name
Forth you obviously didn't hear me when I told you I had a spare alternator in my truck I could have lent you if yours died on the way home.
Fifth you Offered to stay with me to the South of Calgary
Sixth the three jeeps you saw were going to another trail and not following me.  I tried several times on the cb to reach you but ouldn't,  to let you know that I could only drive 60k Max an hour.

If you took that as a negative then that was you.  I simply stated a fact with no sarcasm intended.

Ahh, I see. The "special thanks" just didn't seem sincere...  ;)
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »
Glad you guys got home fine. Sounds like some mis-communication. Be glad you both missed the deep mud we found... :-[
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Joe Dirt

• Winch Wench
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
Haha.  I wish I had been there.  My truck is at my shop and hopfullly I will have it all fixed this week

Cheers folks

Offline THE GOLD DIIGGER

• UberWheeler
  • This is cool lets see you do this.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 10:29:29 PM »
Good run boys ;D

Offline MOABICON

• Budget Lift
  • MOABICON
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
I enjoyed the day. To bad McLean close's