Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Sunday june 26 newbies welcome  (Read 38259 times)

Jasona666

Sunday june 26 newbies welcome
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »
i would gladly be out there again to be a big chevy boat anchor i need in the mud again. It was wicked getting out with you guys had a lot of fun but it is looking like next time unless i can convince my family that family pics arent important lol.  Nice meeting everyone last time,  got my shackles on and hopefully by next time my bl will be installed.

RUBI

Sunday
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 11:04:11 AM »
8) COOL........I don't like to step on peoples toes, some have bigger feet than mine !! :roll:  As for the fire thing.....I carry a chain saw with me at all times and can start a fire under water if need be ( gasoline + match = instant fire )  So, anyways any and all that are planning on heading out from Airdrie, or there abouts, we are planning on meeting at Tim Hortons (West ) @ 7:30 , then heading for Cochrane from there.............SEE YOU THEN.  DO we have a head count yet ???

Abrasive

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »
If you guys could let me know where you are planning on staging (the gravel pits preferably), then I'll just meet you there at 9:30ish. I'm coming in from Red Deer and it adds about an hour to my drive if I meet with you in Cochrane.

Kris

thunderstruck

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 11:48:10 AM »
Where is Smitty's?

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 12:55:57 PM »
Count me in...

I might make it for breakfast unless I head out camping for the weekend, then look for me at the gravel pit.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »
Quote from: "thunderstruck"
Where is Smitty's?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Cochrane&state=Alberta&address=2%20West%20Side%20Drive&country=Canada
there is only one in Cochrane

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005, 02:23:56 PM »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »
Good call!

I would personally say "Lets play it by ear"; head out, see what conditions the trails are in, and make our decision then. I don't want to go into a spongy mud field. But some higher elevation trails that get lots of sun would be pretty good.

Anyhoo, lets see how the weather cooperates, and keep an eye on the bridges.

Cheers
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

RedYJ

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2005, 05:49:29 PM »
Im in for sure now.  Be good to meet some new people, ill roll with the stockers as well eventhough im not stock i just hate being the guy being pulled around all day due to lack of skill or good tires

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »
Cochrane Smitty's at 8 for breaky , leave at 9 sharp, gravel pit by 10 am for those that want to meet us there.

If we get another day or two like today, that should dry it up quite a bit by sunday, forecast looks good.  
If it rains much, we will re-evaluate the run on sat. night.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
Quote from: "bnine"
Hey guys its the wife here(spyder), Billie is on a stag weekend at McLean so im in. I dont have the winch on yet but i hope to by sunday, i have 1 hook in front and back and i have a cb. I know my rig is good to go but im fairly new.   :P See ya @ smitty`s for 8:00.

Right on Denise...see ya for breaky   8)  :D

youngen18

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 08:12:19 PM »
i wont be able to make it sunday because i have a flight but i might be in the area tomorow. I'll do a quick recon and let you know what conditions are like so you'll get a good idea for your run. Maybe even snap a few pics.

Jon

Rochambo

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 10:54:09 AM »
hello all, i would like to come out and join the trip on sunday if thats ok, i have a 89 yj that i just did the lift, and am running 33 a/t  i have straps and shackles and front tow hooks but i dont have any in the rear, is this a prob? and is their anything i can do before sunday if i  need the rear hooks?
What smitties do you meet at, i live in the sw? and what kinda of stuff should i be bring

Cheers Craig the newbie

Jasona666

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 11:05:36 AM »
Quote from: "Rochambo"
hello all, i would like to come out and join the trip on sunday if thats ok, i have a 89 yj that i just did the lift, and am running 33 a/t  i have straps and shackles and front tow hooks but i dont have any in the rear, is this a prob? and is their anything i can do before sunday if i  need the rear hooks?
What smitties do you meet at, i live in the sw? and what kinda of stuff should i be bring

Cheers Craig the newbie

if yeah got a hitch yeah should be fine

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 11:18:05 AM »
Quote from: "Rochambo"

Cheers Craig the newbie

You can get a stock rear hook from jeepstuff and mount that in. They are cheap and tough. If yours doesnt have one, you'd have to drill one hole in the frame.

Really simple to do.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]