Author Topic: *  (Read 6104 times)

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« on: April 11, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:41:15 PM by NUXJR »

Offline DrShabink

• Baby Wheeler
  • It Only Goes Everywhere
Re: I can help ya buy a Jeep too, and I'm not new!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Great to see I'm not the only one on here working for a dealership. A little friendly competition is always nice.
I hear you guys at Courtesy are a good bunch.

Cheers!
Laszlo
2013 JK Rubicon

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »
Pffffff Jeep...... I'll get you into a nice economical Honda  ;D

Offline corsjeep

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »
And if anybody happens to need a big truck...I sell big rigs!   ;)

And im going to need a GM sales guy in the next six months or so if there's anybody here. Mama needs a newer Suburbian

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Curious,  what does a 4 door Jk Rubicon Hemi Brute go for these days?
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »
About the same as a new Peterbilt. If you have to ask....
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:50:43 PM »
I have a question why does a ram 3500 Laramie SRW with exact same options cost 75k in Canada and in the states its only 50k, there is no way it will cost me 25k to bring a truck from states to Canada. I just don't get the huge price difference. Anyways I need to buy a truck by year end or early 2014

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:25 PM »
I have a question why does a ram 3500 Laramie SRW with exact same options cost 75k in Canada and in the states its only 50k, there is no way it will cost me 25k to bring a truck from states to Canada. I just don't get the huge price difference. Anyways I need to buy a truck by year end or early 2014

Raf, I can't tell you why the price difference but i can tell you Chrysler will void your warranty if you buy the truck out of the USA. Maybe they are desperate to sell their trucks?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Dingleberry

• UberWheeler
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »
Raf, I can't tell you why the price difference but i can tell you Chrysler will void your warranty if you buy the truck out of the USA. Maybe they are desperate to sell their trucks?

I'd void the warranty if it meant saving up to 25 thousand, wouldn't you?
At the end of the day, we have to ask ourselves, how much is a 3 or 5 year warranty worth to you?

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »

Not if you buy a Ford, warranty is still valid in Canada when you purchase a vehicle in USA.

also for those buying new vehicles its worth it signing up at Cars Cost Canada, It gives you complete price brake down, wholesale price of the vehicle and what rebates apply, what rebates dealer ship gets on sales and how much you can actually save. My buddy just bought a vehicle, did his price check and got it 3% above wholesale price.

link http://www.carcostcanada.com/1/en/default.asp

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »
Maybe buy a used pickup in Montana and then import it?

I know that I'm pretty happy that I was able to buy my new vehicle in the US - huuuuuge savings over a Canadian dealer, and to be honest the service at the dealership was far better as well. In hindsight, I got pretty shabby treatment from the dealer I purchased from in Calgary.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: I can help ya buy a Jeep too, and I'm not new!!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »
Maybe buy a used pickup in Montana and then import it?

I know that I'm pretty happy that I was able to buy my new vehicle in the US - huuuuuge savings over a Canadian dealer, and to be honest the service at the dealership was far better as well. In hindsight, I got pretty shabby treatment from the dealer I purchased from in Calgary.

How did the import process go for ya? Thinking of joining the dark side and picking up a "minivan". Since it'd be a gut job anyways, warranty would useless to me and the money saved would go a long way

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
I didn't import the vehicle I bought in the US....I bought it to drive in the US. Give me a year or two, and I'll tell you about the process of exporting a vehicle to the US.

Spinalguy and Muffintop have both done it - maybe check with them.

Offline Dingleberry

• UberWheeler
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 08:40:29 PM »
Give me a year or two, and I'll tell you about the process of exporting a vehicle to the US.

*from?

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
From Canada.