Author Topic: *  (Read 6113 times)

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:42:08 PM by NUXJR »

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: I can help ya buy a Jeep too, and I'm not new!!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »
How did this turn into a 'How do I import vehicles' thread? 

You wanna get some honest help with the purchase of a vehicle IN CANADA, I ALWAYS deal from invoice, right there in front of you!!  Price difference between here and US is a mystery to me too.  Can't help ya with that.

Please delete my profile!!

Time to move on, been a nice ride!!
i admit that this thread was introducing yourself and that you would get the best pricing available in Alberta.
i think it stinks that others entered your thread to basically stste, do not buy from you as buying in the USA is better.
wow.
Maybe the moderators can delete the nonsense  and get this back on track.

i met with Rob and felt i was treated very well. i did not buy from him because i ended up going a completely different direction, for now.
i would not hesitate to send anyone to deal with Rob.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
Actually, what I saw happen there was that Raf said that he'd like to buy a truck, and he asked an honest question about the price. A question that I would not hesitate to ask if I was about to spend more than 50K on a truck. I don't think that it's the end of the world that someone asked an honest question, or that people offered honest opinions about it. It's interesting that instead of an answer to the question that Raf asked, the response was "please delete my profile".
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »
interesting how things turn sour, I was and still am wondering why trucks cost so much more in Canada than the States, and all I suggested is for people buying cars is to use the website I provided which brakes down what it costs the dealers to acquire the vehicle and what potential savings you can have. I  bought my Van from Courtesy Dodge, but before that I did my research on the web site I provided and got the most savings I could. Dealer will not give the car to you for Cost, but if you know how much it costs wholesale and what is MSRP you can buy the car for as low as possible with the dealer still making something on it. I did not suggest don't buy from local dealers and got to US. I don't know how it came to that conclusion, but sorry if I made sound that way.

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »
I have heard a number reasons, the top reason is that only so many vehicles can be produced and outfitted for certain markets. Markets defined by political boundaries (despite the similarities) technically US and Canada are different and have to be treated as such. Therefore fewer cars are allocated to Canada and at a higher price because of the smaller scale.

Realistically how much this ^^ plays into the price of cars and how much companies are simply taking advantage of what they can charge is up to your imagination.

I know there is virtually no advantage to buying regular cars down in the states the margin on those cars is too small to be worth it. Higher margin vehicles like Diesel trucks (trucks in general) some SUV's, exotics and luxury cars are a different story on a per case basis. That said, go to your local dealer and see what they can do.... from my experience 9/10 chance they can make you a worth while offer that will save you a ton of headache. Nobody should even consider importing if they don't even know what the incentives are on the vehicles in Canada and haven't tried grinding the dealer for a better price.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:04:00 PM by Jrama »

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »
oops

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »
he asked an honest question..... someone asked an honest question....

Not to be a dink, but I'd like an example of a dishonest question, please?
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:13 PM »
Not to be a dink, but I'd like an example of a dishonest question, please?

Trevor why are you so tall?
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »
I am.... to some.
I blame genetics.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: *
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
Maybe buy a used pickup in Montana and then import it?

I know that I'm pretty happy that I was able to buy my new vehicle in the US - huuuuuge savings over a Canadian dealer, and to be honest the service at the dealership was far better as well. In hindsight, I got pretty shabby treatment from the dealer I purchased from in Calgary.
My bad. you directly answered Rafs question of WHY are vehicles more expensive in the USA without shitting on the OP's intent of his thread.
:laughing:...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:29:12 PM by Spinalguy »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.