Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: stolen truck!!!  (Read 6486 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
Re: stolen truck!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
Where was it found? Pics of damage?
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
Where was it found? Pics of damage?
i am going to be quiet for now, there is probable video and there are 2 other trucks that i am keeping my eye open for.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46:28 PM »
Glad to hear ya got 'er back Tom.  Hope she wasn't 'rat bagged' too bad.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Be sure to talk to your insurance company about being compensated for diminished resale value.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
i want my truck in same condition it was in when i had it. mechanical, interior, exterior and all my stolen possessions accounted for. i have always got certified appraisals on any vehicle i owned that was worth way more than book value. i was sick to my stomach when i saw no truck outside as i remembered i was going to get it appraised but never did. that will be done immediately now.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
i want my truck in same condition it was in when i had it. mechanical, interior, exterior and all my stolen possessions accounted for. i have always got certified appraisals on any vehicle i owned that was worth way more than book value. i was sick to my stomach when i saw no truck outside as i remembered i was going to get it appraised but never did. that will be done immediately now.

You need to get more than that out of your insurance company Tom.
Fact of the matter is if they return your truck exactly like it was when it was taken you are still out money. If you go to trade the truck in you will be asked if there has ever been a damage claim in excess of $2,000.00 (I believe that is the amount) if it has a claim above that amount your trade-in value will be greatly reduced. You need the extra compensation to cover this "hidden" loss that most people never think about.
With every vehicle I ever traded in, I had to sign a document stating that, to the best of my knowledge, my vehicle has never had a claim exceeding that amount.

I would start by going to a dealer and asking how much you would get for a trade-in on a new vehicle and then ask how much  that amount is reduced since it has had a significant claim against it.

Good luck
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:41 AM »
not a bad idea Vince. i have no plans on ever selling this truck and definitely would never trade it in but having knowledge of the loss is valuable, thanks.