Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Penticton Jeep Jamboree  (Read 7064 times)

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« on: May 31, 2006, 11:30:07 PM »
Penticton
August 4 – 6, 2006

Anyone have plans on going?
Jeep
With stuff

Coolhand Luke

Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:53:52 AM »
Do you have any more info, is there regestration, location, camping. I am off the whole mth. of August, before moving back to Ontario, most interested.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »
'95 YJ with a few mods

Coolhand Luke

Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:23:13 AM »
Thanks for the site. If I'm reading it right, I did not think it would be that expensive, I'm sure there is more included then just showing up, but still a bit pricey, and if you include gas? Hell I could go to Las Vegas for that kinda money

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:26:37 AM »
You get 7 meals which are usually very good, access to prizes including a set of 5 - 35" MTRs, lots of other stuff.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Da_chopper

Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:24 AM »
Quote from: "Coolhand Luke"
If I'm reading it right, I did not think it would be that expensive, I'm sure there is more included then just showing up, but still a bit pricey, and if you include gas? Hell I could go to Las Vegas for that kinda money

You get access to private land.  Probably the best trails in the region.  Very different from Alberta or Ontario wheeling.  Good food.  Knowledgable and friendly people.  Meet lifelong friends.  Have spare parts at base camp and people to help you fix your rig if you break down.  Friendly atmosphere without the whole ego thing.  Also what happens in the bush stays in the bush  :oops:.

Any vacation will cost you money.  

If vegas is your thing, then go to vegas.

Coolhand Luke

Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »
In no way am I bashing this idea and I'm sure I would not regret the fee and good times, I was just a little shocked at the cost when I 1st read it, I guess I had in my mind a different idea of what an event like this would cost to enter, everything costs money, its just what each individual finds expensive or worth while. It looks like a really good time and I'm still not out of it yet, just trying to convince the wife is another thing intirely.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »
Quote from: "Coolhand Luke"
Hell I could go to Las Vegas for that kinda money

That surprises me :shock:   I thought the hotels would object to me driving my jeep through the lobby :)
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Coolhand Luke

Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 08:26:22 AM »
I heard anything is possible in Vegas. Do you think this is the future of Off-Roading, someone organizes and pays some land owner some money, and then get people to register and get access to some trails? I think the Jeep Jamboree is geared towards 1st time Jeep owners, and are new to off-roading. I think that it would be a very good and well worth event for people who are new to the off-road thing. People who have been doing it for awhile and have off-road experience on the trails and know where to go for free might be hard pressed to pay over $500 for some trail access. An event as this one would be really good for those people who have little experience or off-road knowledge and 1st time owners. I on the other hand have learned the harder way, and usually end up saying,"Won't do that again".

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 08:57:53 AM »
Not at all.

There are more modded rigs, and experienced wheelers at a jambo then there are newbie stockers.

Where else will you be able to go and hang out with 500 other jeepers for a weekend, discuss mods, learn tricks, win prizes, wheel hard, party hard, and gain access to normally clsoed trails?

My flatfendered, tj on 36's last year was a baby to some of the rigs out there.

A guy from the states who attends jambo's all over was at apex last year. His rig has a 150k U.S. in parts into it :shock:  :shock:

They line up trails for everyone, and you choose what to go on. From mild to wild basically:)

We had the same reservations you did, until we attended our first one last year. Our only regret is we didnt make it to Rocky's jamborie a few more times before it was shut down.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 06:03:09 PM »
i'mve enjoyed reading the different opinions and stuff about the jambo.  i just officially signed up. i hope its a blast. now i just need to get the ZJ in wheelin order....
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

chilllaxing

jeep jambo
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »
Planning on going. Watched video on web. If it turns out that it is boring we are going to stray away. I'm sure  fun will not be to hard to find up in Pentiction first weekend of august!  :twisted:

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: jeep jambo
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »
Quote from: "chilllaxing"
Watched video on web. If it turns out that it is boring we are going to stray away.  :twisted:

It's nothing but boring. There are trails out there to make your blood pumping all day . I'm sure the video clip does not show the crazy trails...  don't worry about the fun part.  :twisted:

If you are coming please don't forget to bring extra underwear.  :lol:  :lol:

PS:  minimum required equipent is needed for the harder stuff.   They will not let you go on certain trails if you don't have for example a winch or a locked differential(s).

A winch is a must if you don't want to do the novice trails.

Cheers,

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »
speaking of the video... Did I notice a fellow CJA Memeber that was formerly known as Russel at the end of the video?

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Penticton Jeep Jamboree
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 09:59:33 AM »
Quote from: "apex"
speaking of the video... Did I notice a fellow CJA Memeber that was formerly known as Russel at the end of the video?

Greg .. do you have the link? 8)