Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: YYC evacuations,..  (Read 2310 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
YYC evacuations,..
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
Who has been evacuated? What area?

For those evacuated do you have a place to stay?
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: YYC evacuations,..
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:01:42 PM »
We are hosting a friend and her 5 cats.  :o

Should be interesting.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 12:42:03 AM »
cats can swim cant they? i'm hosting some friends as well, no cats :)

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27:22 AM »
evacuated out of Douglas glen.
but I'm away at work in kitimat.
gf and the dogs went to my sisters house.
fack
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline Corbitto

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
we live in turner valley and are home.  h2s pipeline blew yesterday morning and they evacuated those by the gas plant and told rest of us to stay indoors close windows etc.  scary $hit man.  all i heard was the emergency beacon alert thing on radio and it said there has been a major disaster in turner valley ab. a sour gas pipeline has just burst. residents are being evacuated and are told to stay indoors and close windows.  panic sets it thinking is this how it ends.  how can i get a hold of my wife at school?   turns out in theend the leak was relatively minor but as of 8am this morning it is still leaking because the break is underwater.  the line has been shut off on both ends but wellhead is still leaking slowing.   bridge by gas plant is washed away and bridge to get to black diamond under water Nd only way out is by millarville which was under around 8-12" of water in the dip.  took some pics and couldnt believe my eyes.  going to try and get to okotoks for groceries around lunch so hope tahe water level has gone down.  stay safe everyone in Calgary and all other areas affected

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
Good luck. All the best to you. Mother Nature the true super power. Hopefully she calms down a little. 

Sent from my iProne

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 02:13:11 PM »
Not evacuated in Lake Louise but our house backs onto the river - fastest and highest I've ever seen. Could feel the thump of trees hitting rocks all night even inside our house !

Were cut off in every direction for two days now, but we have tons of supplies in the freezer which is good cause the stores are already running out of essentials.

If anyone is stuck up here and needs a place to crash pm me

This post requires more cowbell
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
I have family staying with me. evacuated from sunnyside. We took my xj in there yesterday to get some things from the house, water coming up over the hood. Just heard of someone at E&E kennels looking for a well equipped 4x4 to help with a dog rescue. We will see where he is located and how bad/deep the area is
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it