Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Petition to stop loss of recreational vehicle land use  (Read 6172 times)

Offline samm

• Baby Wheeler
  • inline-6 4.0L TJ
    • photos
Petition to stop loss of recreational vehicle land use
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Prevent_the_LOSS_of_recreational_land_usage_in_Southern_Alberta/?cIozjeb

"The South Saskatchewan Regional Plan (SSRP) is trying to implement a major land use restriction to Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) usage as well as random camping in Southern AB. It will affect every aspect of outdoor recreation, eg. Quading, Biking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing ect.... This plan has been been in the works for over 2 years and has already had 2 phases passed without the general public's knowledge. The 3rd and final phase is scheduled for May 2013. This plan if taken into effect, will give us .5% of the land that we use today. We need to be heard and voice our side of this to help create a balance for our social environment and NOT let the environmentalists have the only voice in this matter. More information on Alberta's regional plan( In association with the SSRP) can be seen on www.landuse.alberta.ca"

They're trying to reach 10,000 signatures (currently over 7,500 already). I know a few Jeep groups that are supporting this so I thought people here may be interested in signing too.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Petition to stop loss of recreational vehicle land use
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:10:11 AM »
What was wrong with the 30 other posts about this?

Offline samm

• Baby Wheeler
  • inline-6 4.0L TJ
    • photos
Re: Petition to stop loss of recreational vehicle land use
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »
Couldn't tell you.
Scanned the first five pages of this board and nothing mentioned this petition I came across, so the other 30 posts must be long pushed back.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
General talk.   

30 seconds.

Offline samm

• Baby Wheeler
  • inline-6 4.0L TJ
    • photos
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
Okay.
I would just assume this topic is related to land issues.
And when I scan titles looking similar to a petition I'm posting, 30 seconds doesn't jump out at me.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
yeah... it was posted a few weeks ago... still good

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Petition to stop loss of recreational vehicle land use
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 02:45:11 PM »
Yes I'm just being a dink Samm

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Prevent_the_LOSS_of_recreational_land_usage_in_Southern_Alberta/?cIozjeb

"The South Saskatchewan Regional Plan (SSRP) is trying to implement a major land use restriction to Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) usage as well as random camping in Southern AB. It will affect every aspect of outdoor recreation, eg. Quading, Biking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing ect.... This plan has been been in the works for over 2 years and has already had 2 phases passed without the general public's knowledge. The 3rd and final phase is scheduled for May 2013. This plan if taken into effect, will give us .5% of the land that we use today. We need to be heard and voice our side of this to help create a balance for our social environment and NOT let the environmentalists have the only voice in this matter. More information on Alberta's regional plan( In association with the SSRP) can be seen on www.landuse.alberta.ca"

They're trying to reach 10,000 signatures (currently over 7,500 already). I know a few Jeep groups that are supporting this so I thought people here may be interested in signing too.
i posted it in General as no one really visits land use. i also asked the Pirate community to help and i am guessing that about 3500 signatures were garnered from that request and a generous  offshoot thread that Redbull Jeep bribed members with some nice photography.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
Redbull Jeep bribed members with some nice photography.

" nice photography" indeed

That was swell of Dustin to do that but I wonder if Becca ever saw those photos of those gals posing on her Ultra 4 rig ?
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
" nice photography" indeed

That was swell of Dustin to do that but I wonder if Becca ever saw those photos of those gals posing on her Ultra 4 rig ?
They seem to have a pretty cool relationship, so i am sure she was ok with it and probably there...enjoying it.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »
Pretty cool its over 9800 8)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »
This is an interview from an enviromental group commenting about ssrp. Do they ever lie and distort facts for there purpose , which is to close all access to the eastern slopes and make parks.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 08:19:50 PM »
I knew the first day of the flood and did mention it as a facebook comment that I was sure the silty water coming down the river system would get blamed on  land users, 4x4's specifically eventually.

Is it wrong of me to have burst out laughing when I saw the news footage of K-country golf courses?  All those old hard packed sustainable trails from years ago that may have crossed the odd creek, replaced with highways, bridges, and culverts that plugged right up and knocked out the roads.   ;)