Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: SSRP Calgary meetings  (Read 3834 times)

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
SSRP Calgary meetings
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
We had a great meeting tonight.  It was a fairly small group but represented by 7 different clubs.  One thing that was abundantly clear was they were glad we were showing such an interest in the process.

The actual meeting is tomorrow for the "stakeholders" and the public.  If there is any way you are able to make the meeting please do.  You can still rsvp on the landuse site for the stakeholders session.  We as a 4x4 community have a great opportunity to make our voices heard...lets make it LOUD AND CLEAR!

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: SSRP Calgary meetings
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:26:26 PM »
I'm registered for the November stakeholders meeting on Wednesday the 27th in okotoks. Got confirmation yesterday.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
Johnny lets hook up for coffee. Would really like to fast track a bunch of issues for the day stake holders meeting. Dan and Darin could provide in put as well.
And if any one else wants to fast track as well. May be dedicate a half an hour to an hour wednesday evening at the austrian club ?

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »
yea Andy I was actually going to post more but it was on my phone.

[email protected] you can email them to sign up.  Okotoks works for me cause I'm in town that day.

I think its a good idea to go over some issues to bring up/discuss.  Put out some ideas, put together an agenda for me to bring up would be cool. might as well make the most of it.

post up ideas, PM me, or show up on Wednesday at the meeting? I should be able to make it.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 05:49:49 PM »
If you aren't able to connect with Andy let me know.  I can email you some of the stuff we have been discussing.  If you havent had a chance to read through the draft plan try to do so.  They ask for your input on a number of the sections so knowing what sections apply to some of our concerns is beneficial.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
you might as well fire me the info Dan since you can't make the meeting Wednesday. info doesn't hurt.

I know the document well. I do not share many people's 'positive' attitude about it.................

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »
There is a bunch of new stuff since wednesday as well on this. So get everyone opionions , angles and view points and then share yours as well. There is the process of the stakeholders meeting you need to know, so you can effectivly communicate your views.
If we do not engage we lose everything. If we succeed we gain our existing trails plus possable more.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 10:04:35 PM »
Page 28 http://srd.alberta.ca/LandsForests/LandusePlanning/documents/IntegratedResourcePlan-EasterSlopes1-1984.pdf
Compare boundaries to current boundaries of the new park boundaries in the plan.
Page 12 http://srd.alberta.ca/LandsForests/LandusePlanning/documents/IntegratedResourcePlan-GhostRiverSubRegional-1988.pdf
Compare boundaries of prime protection areas and new park boundaries in ssrp plan.
Compare this figure % value of the mountain areas. http://albertawilderness.ca/issues/wildlands/protected-areas/img/alberta-natural-regions-percentage-protected/image_view_fullscreen
Existing protection on the ssrp plan states %23 percent will be upgraded to % 33 percent when ssrp plan completed.
Un biodavercity (sp) accord ratified by Canada in 2010 specifically states % 17. http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/29/un.biodiversity.summit.conclusion/index.html?hpt=T2
The biodivercity document that was ratified by Canada in Rio in 2000 a 980 page document then believe it stated %10 and was upgraded to %17.
We already exceed all the recommended % values by a substancial amount. We do not need more parks or protected areas.
I support the current forestry modelling practises on clear cut logging where there is always a represented amount of preseved land area that is never logged but actually is a better sample of biodiversity through micro evolution.
Could go on, am fumed on all of this. But then I do not support gaia or pantheism in any form.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »
Doing the surveys and going to the stake holder meeting we gave to stress the iconic trail system down south that is world class.