Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Soccer mom in van 1 bikers 0  (Read 9684 times)

jeeptrick

Soccer mom in van 1 bikers 0
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:13:18 PM »
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1150024914/First_Person_Motorcycle_Crash

It says "stupid soccer moms in minivans need to check their blind spots "
But It looks like these ***holes are speeding as well as passing where there is double yellow lines. Oh and passing at an intersection. With any luck there is one less idiot I have to worry about on the roads.

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:52:24 PM »
Stupid soccer moms in minivans need to signal when making a turn from a major roadway?

FeatherFoot

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »
Note the left curve warning sign halfway through the clip.  The major roadway turns left where the collision occurs.

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:45:39 PM »
I saw the sign but was too busy passing on the dbl line to notice the road ending  :lol: Good eyes!

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
Passing on double yellows is never smart. Still, I do wish more Calgary drivers would learn how to drive, it seems to be getting worse and worse out there.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 04:47:38 PM »
Hey there redbull, I'm assuming you're taking into account that 80% of the Calgary drivers that can't drive worth a crap are from out of the province right?

You are right though, it will get worse and worse because there's more and more people coming into Calgary from out of the province and country still, so they'll do thier fair share of screwing up the traffic and adding to those "Idiot Calgary Drivers"

True Calgarians have already vacated the city to make room for the violence and arrogants that seldom exited here before.

Jaguar

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:49:12 PM »
I used to feel safe drivign in my Jeep...... Now I'd worry even in a tank. Drivers are always finding new ways to amaze me.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:05:36 PM »
Nice!
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

m0th

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 10:37:36 PM »
Quote from: "yellar bellied"
Hey there redbull, I'm assuming you're taking into account that 80% of the Calgary drivers that can't drive worth a crap are from out of the province right?

Do you think so? I've driven in most of western Europe, a lot of the southwestern US and western Canada and I'm pretty sure that apart from Paris and L.A, Calgary is the worst for bad drivers. Drinking and driving here is pretty much accepted, lane discipline is atrocious and the design of the Deerfoot is a joke. And whoever is putting the signs up for intersections, please move them back so we get a chance to move over - Memorial into downtown: you're in the right lane as you should be if not overtaking, going around a curve and just as the "do not cross" solid white line appears you see the sign telling you that your lane must exit over the flyover. Wanted to continue on Memorial? Tough, too late. 32nd towards Deerfoot - Deerfoot Trail 800m. Thanks, now do I get in the left lane to go south or is it a cloverleaf and I should be in the right? Or do I sit in the middle and make a quick switch and hope there's no F350 barrelling down beside me? :)

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »
I've driven quite a few places also and think Calgary is the worst. But I think what YellarB. was elluding to, was that true locals are not nearly as bad as those moving here from elsewhere. I agree. True locals have improved but everything is getting screwed up by the new folk. :D:D:D Darn easterners. :D I hate especially those idiots that keep turning left on red. And the polite Calgarians don't even honk at them.  :shock: I do. :D
Keep on Jeepin'

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:53:29 PM »
Quote from: "m0th"
Quote from: "yellar bellied"

Do you think so? I've driven in most of western Europe, a lot of the southwestern US and western Canada and I'm pretty sure that apart from Paris and L.A, Calgary is the worst for bad drivers. Drinking and driving here is pretty much accepted, lane discipline is atrocious and the design of the Deerfoot is a joke. And whoever is putting the signs up for intersections, please move them back so we get a chance to move over - Memorial into downtown: you're in the right lane as you should be if not overtaking, going around a curve and just as the "do not cross" solid white line appears you see the sign telling you that your lane must exit over the flyover. Wanted to continue on Memorial? Tough, too late. 32nd towards Deerfoot - Deerfoot Trail 800m. Thanks, now do I get in the left lane to go south or is it a cloverleaf and I should be in the right? Or do I sit in the middle and make a quick switch and hope there's no F350 barrelling down beside me? :)

You keep going realizing your mistake. Then you make your way back and never make the same mistake again. :D What is it with people worrying about a missed turn? Try to miss one on the autobahn. You're in for a trip. But would you dare to suddenly cross lanes of traffic just to avoid a wrong turn. I wouldn't. ;)
Keep on Jeepin'

m0th

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »
Quote from: "Milan"
You keep going realizing your mistake. Then you make your way back and never make the same mistake again. :D What is it with people worrying about a missed turn? Try to miss one on the autobahn. You're in for a trip. But would you dare to suddenly cross lanes of traffic just to avoid a wrong turn. I wouldn't. ;)

Yeh, I always keep going. It just seems that the signs around here are designed as reminders to the locals rather than information for people that don't know the area. :)  I try not to annoy anyone else by making sudden lane changes (unless I'm signalling and the people in the other lane are ignoring it). Which reminds me of something else over here - red indicators.  I notice the difference driving my TJ and my Liberty - far more people leave space when my Liberty's amber turn signal is on than when I'm in the TJ with it's tiny little red ones. They just aren't as noticeable I guess.

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 11:30:30 PM »
You should not signal. When you signal, people in the lane next to you speed up to close the gap. :D Just kidding. I agree. I also find people just not leaving gaps to pass, not knowing how to merge, plugging up lanes needlessly, not turning on red correctly or at all, not turning into the closest lane, not yielding vehicles from the right, merging in from offramps immediately - cutting you off in the process - even though their lane continues for miles and there's no vehicle either in front or behind you, etc....:(
Keep on Jeepin'

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 07:02:55 PM »
I've driven quite a few places also and think Calgary is the worst.

Spend a day in China.  It is all easy going after that.  The horn is the main traffic control device.

Offline ornamental

• UberWheeler
    • http://www.webshots/users/yeungstreet
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »
Quote from: "JohnB"
I've driven quite a few places also and think Calgary is the worst.

Spend a day in China.  It is all easy going after that.  The horn is the main traffic control device.

those mofo's in china will run you down intentionally,  here people do it by accident.  all these by the book drivers cant drive defensively and thats a big problem.  
      ive been in areas where you honk and flash your brights and drive defensively...as there are little or no road rules.     i feel safer there than on the streets of calgary
ornamental