Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: back at it; 92YJ  (Read 20379 times)

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
Re: back at it; 92YJ
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 05:35:49 PM »
I really like the design of the tire carrier! Projects looking good. Whens the lift going in?
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:35 PM »
haha ya Dom. its a vicious cycle. used to be '1 hour on the trail 5 hrs in the garage' now its like, ' 5 hours for house/baby stuff gets you 1 hr garage time.................... gets you............... oye........ nothing haha.

starting on the fun stuff as soon as house stuff is done.  I get some time after this.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
haha ya Dom. its a vicious cycle. used to be '1 hour on the trail 5 hrs in the garage' now its like, ' 5 hours for house/baby stuff gets you 1 hr garage time.................... gets you............... oye........ nothing haha.

starting on the fun stuff as soon as house stuff is done.  I get some time after this.

johhny I know exactly how it is, hence I've been working 3 years on my XYJ. But watching your kids grow up from birth on is awesome, lots of laughs during their development stages, the things they do. you need to get your self lots of gopro's and record every moment.

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
johhny I know exactly how it is, hence I've been working 3 years on my XYJ. But watching your kids grow up from birth on is awesome, lots of laughs during their development stages, the things they do. you need to get your self lots of gopro's and record every moment.

Been there too.  Had saved up over $5000 over time for my jeep, ended up spending that on a Reno to my kids room, crib, change table....

Now my jeep sits at stock height, but i have two little kids that run to me each day I come home.  There is nothing better.  The best part is now my daughter will be able to help me work on the jeep, my son too when he is a little older.

January 1, 2015 is her 5th birthday, im hoping there is a run that day and my jeep is ready to wheel.
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
haha ya man I hear ya.

we are making good progress on the floors.  so jeep time is looking good for May. I have most of the parts I need. just need to install. gotta take care of the tcase, a few other little things, then get it safetied and.............. wheel it!

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »
Yep its amazing how as we mature and have families the hobbies take a back seat for awhile and then when the kids are older they start to come back again.

After having 2 girls we bought an acreage and that put the crimp on wheeling, then we had a baby boy just as the acreage buy was settling out. Now we are developing the basement into a suite to rent out and that has sucked all the time and money out of our lives. I'm hoping this time next year things will have settled down but I'm sure something else will pop up.   :P

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 11:37:49 PM »
so ok. bear with me here.

I will take the jeep out for some poser pics tomorrow but heres the downlow.

zone 4" lift is in. more like 5.5". should settle correctly.  I did not reinstall any trackbars or sway bars. it is smoother riding that it was stock. wonder why. lol.

for the price I like this lift, once it settles.  it was a pain to install though; mostly because the spring eye bolts were seized to all hell. no biggie. go them out with heat and a breaker bar.  however........ I snapped all the tcase skid bolts........... that sucked.  60$ later at the dealer I have three nutserts.  I failed miserably trying to install them.  so my buddy phill burnt them in. lol.  I am running the 1.5" tcase drop. it sucks but works. no vibes......... 

so as she sits, zone 4" lift. smitty bilt rear bumper, winch is installed. she's looking good. 
also installed the rear bumper. this is the 'cheap' smittybilt unit but I like it. it is pretty beefy for the price that's for sure.  front winch mount is also smitty bilt.  cheap but whatever. it seems good.  if I rip it out i'll deal with it then.  notice the fancy towhook I used too. came off a chevy something or other

whats left?  I have a set of 4.10 diffs that are awaiting the lunchbox lockers that need to be installed :) and maybe a coat of paint

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »
Looking good johnny
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 06:40:25 AM »
Out of province done?
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »
Nice - I'll have to send that 1st pic to Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
Nice - I'll have to send that 1st pic to Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'm gonna get some good flex shots this weekend ;)

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 08:26:35 PM »
i'm gonna get some good flex shots this weekend ;)

Of the same 2 dudes inside but oiled up? Please don't post those.

So happy to see you got a YJ again Johnny, and as I remember the last one, it also had random men in it ;)
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 08:44:58 PM »
any plans for a belly up skid? long arms and coil overs in the future?

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
lol. nope. no plans. right now it has a terrible 1.5" tcase drop which is ugly as all sin. maybe at some point in the future i'll get a real sye setup.  at some point i will probably do a half inch tcase drop and a motor mount lift, but thats about it.

as for suspension......... rocking leafsprings....... forever. 

also have a set of 4.10 YJ diffs i'm gonna rebuild and swap in. new brakes, (maybe rear discs) lunchbox locker in the rear, and i'll paint them.  right now i'm working on the interior finally. it was, umm, yucky. yanked carpet out and am gonna do a gatorguard bedliner or something like that.

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:08 PM »
gonna do a gatorguard bedliner or something like that.
Thats the way to go. Put in your prep work though!
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket