Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: march 30th run  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Zombiehunter

• Baby Wheeler
march 30th run
« on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
Andfre and myself linked up at bout 930 am at smitys , over breakfast we decieded both being stock and myself not getting the winch bumper installed or the winch we would take a trail I took few weeks ago that  didn't involve too much technical expertise ,  we went to waiprous and climbed up the trail on a logging road , the road headed to trappers equistrain lodge

The snow was deep light and fluffy and coming in hard and heavy, but we trekked on in. after the run I called this run Bedrock run . The trail we took followed the river bed almost back to the blue bridge just off the 40. The snow made things little bit tricky and the snow falling made it tough to find the beaten path but we prevailed  my ZJ took the front line war wounds ...fell through some ice  letting the dog out for a pee of all things  ripped the plastic bumper cap off opening the lift gate after I got tugged out . high centered on a boulder hidden under the snow tearing the skid plate off  ... again the stock set up is weak design . then bout 100 feet from the road I slide in to a bank after kicking sideways off another hidden boulder crushing my rear  stock bumper and smashing out the tail light . then on way home my sensors were going bonkers service 4wd switch and coolant sensor then my horn just randomly honks LOL !  the Sarhara  didn't take any damage  which is good shes a shiny one

all in all was good times and had fun  hoping to make it too the official April run and meet some more ppl off here so far everyone ive met and talked too are great  glad I signed up here and not else where

ZH

post pics soon as I figure out how

Offline Jrama

• CJA Executive
  • That CB Yapper
  • www.calgarycarbrokers.com
Re: march 30th run
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »
Heads up, This Forum does not allow any trail pictures posted publicly.....

I cannot imagine so many issues wheeling a "light" trail in winter time! Look forward to meeting you at the April open run.

Offline Zombiehunter

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:36:15 AM »
Ahhh thanks for the heads up

The light trail Run ended being little bit more then light but was still nice to get out there even with crap load of snow dumping down

Offline Zombiehunter

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:17:40 PM »
Heads up, This Forum does not allow any trail pictures posted publicly.....

I cannot imagine so many issues wheeling a "light" trail in winter time! Look forward to meeting you at the April open run.

just curious as to why CJA doesn't allow trail pics to be posted - I think I have an idea but don't want too assume I know rather hear from the moderators  :)

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »
In the past trail pictures have been lifted from various forums to "prove" how much damage is being done and why trails should be shutdown.  A number of years ago we decided that we would not provide the rope needed to hang ourselves.

Every once in a while someone takes offense to the fact they can't post pics in the open forum and argues that all our wheeling is done on legit trails so therefore what's the big deal.  Problem is pictures are super easy to be taken out of context so its just easier to not allow trail/muddy pics in the open forum.  Once you're a member you can go nuts posting in the members only forums (another one of the perks of membership).

I also like to point out that if people really disagree with the policy they can join up, become members, vote my arse out and make whatever rules you want ;)

Fug
98 ZJ 5.9.... It's White

Offline morerpmfred

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 06:14:11 AM »
Links  with pictures are allowed and encouraged.

Offline Zombiehunter

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:13 AM »
In the past trail pictures have been lifted from various forums to "prove" how much damage is being done and why trails should be shutdown.  A number of years ago we decided that we would not provide the rope needed to hang ourselves.

Every once in a while someone takes offense to the fact they can't post pics in the open forum and argues that all our wheeling is done on legit trails so therefore what's the big deal.  Problem is pictures are super easy to be taken out of context so its just easier to not allow trail/muddy pics in the open forum.  Once you're a member you can go nuts posting in the members only forums (another one of the perks of membership).

I also like to point out that if people really disagree with the policy they can join up, become members, vote my arse out and make whatever rules you want ;)

well I don't disagree with that one bit makes perfect sense too me we want too preserve our right too wheel and be out there - the net is easy tooo manipulate and what not and in this new age of technology txt is always taken taken out of context the words written are based upon the readers mood values and own thougts so I back that reason 150% 

Offline andfre

• Stocker
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »
In the past trail pictures have been lifted from various forums to "prove" how much damage is being done and why trails should be shutdown.  A number of years ago we decided that we would not provide the rope needed to hang ourselves.

Every once in a while someone takes offense to the fact they can't post pics in the open forum and argues that all our wheeling is done on legit trails so therefore what's the big deal.  Problem is pictures are super easy to be taken out of context so its just easier to not allow trail/muddy pics in the open forum.  Once you're a member you can go nuts posting in the members only forums (another one of the perks of membership).

Thanks for the info, I figured as much. Also good to know members have more access.
Would help to have a sticky note in this section as I did look for that.  ;)

Edit: just found that clearly stated in the website terms
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:10:48 PM by andfre »