Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Junk car removal @ Mclean  (Read 2899 times)

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
Junk car removal @ Mclean
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:52 PM »
Happy Canada day all! Let's clean up this beautiful land we have been blessed with!  8)

A burnt car has been dragged out of a trail at Mclean, it is sitting at a trailer accessible staging area. I do have a trailer, but no winch on it. I would need a jeep or truck to winch the car onto a trailer, or have someone volunteer to bring a trailer out that has a winch.
I also have located a burnt snowmobile I would like to remove.

It would be nice to get these eye sores out of there ASAP, depending when I have the time to do it. If anyone is willing and eager to help I can let you know the location of the car and sled and you can head out there anytime.

If anyone has  advice on the latest legalities of abandoned vehicle removal that would be great, not sure if this one has been reported but it does have the VIN and info written on the fender in white marker.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:54:33 PM by dubbleJs »
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
Re: Junk car removal @ Mclean
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »
You need to contact the RCMP and they will deal with it.

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Junk car removal @ Mclean
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
Ok, I spoke with Cochrane Rcmp and we are good to go. This car was reported in may 2013 and they have completed their investigation. They said they sent tow trucks out for 6 months but none would even leave the gravel road to recover it. We did track down the owner with info I found written on the car, she did not report it stolen and as the rcmp said "wants nothing to do with it". Go figure. The rcmp can take no further action as it is past 1 year after the investigation. In the very least a littering fine would make me feel a lil bit better!!

Back on track, let's get this piece of sh*t out of our forest.
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it