Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Esso Gas Station (1St x 12Ave)  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
Esso Gas Station (1St x 12Ave)
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »
Hi all,
I had a terrible experience in a Esso gas station today (store# 1551662 at 1201 1 ST SE) and I would like to share.

I went there about one hour ago to fill up the gas and get a car wash as I have done several times before, I do it at least twice a month! I stopped my car inside the carwash machine about 20-30 centimeters out of position and the machine got stuck. As a safety procedure, the machine stoped and the exit door get opened, so I was able to drive out of there.

I went to the store to ask for help and the owner come out to help me. When she saw my car she gets upset and start talking in a very harsh way that my car doesn't fit the car wash machine and I was breaking her "one million dollar" machine. I have a lifted JKU, it's a big car but I have washed my car in the same gas station so many times before without any problems and, in fact, doesn't matter the car you put there, if you park it out of the specific location will cause exactly the same issue.

I was reading the requirements at the entrance and there's nothing about the maximum lenght, there's a clear requirement about the height (2.1m) and the width (2.4m) and my car meet all the requirements. There's something about external acessories saying that the gas station is not responsible for any damage on them (which is fair) but nothing about the maximum lenght.

When she told me to leave the gas station I've asked her to open the doors so I can drive through the machine to avoid unecessary manouvers on a tight area (at this point we already have a line of cars, waiting to use the car wash) and then suddenly she start yelling at me asking me to leave her property or she was going to call the police. She also took pictures of my car/plate (!?!?)

I had to ask to other drivers on the line to move their cars back to allow me to manouver my car, and get out of their way. After that I went to the main office again to get my refund. In the meanwhile I saw two other cars being washed... so, I didn't broke the machine...

I was calm and trying to explain her that I've washed my car there several times before, but she didn't want listen and was very harsh on me. Unfortunately this is my last time in this store and I'm sharing this with all of you so you can avoid it.

Cheers!
2012 JKU Rubicon - Synergy 3.5" | Hankook 35" | Warn 9.5CTi

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Esso Gas Station (1St x 12Ave)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:56 PM »
Rough deal dude but it looks like you drive a Jeep not a car. The drive through car washes are meant for cars. It's way easier to wash your Jeep at a proper manual car wash.
But still it's pretty rude of them to treat you poorly like that.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
I understand your point, but lets be honest, a JKU with 35's is smaller than a F150 Raptor in terms of dimensions, and if it was a F150 she won't complain, for sure. I'm almost sure that the fact I had mud up to the roof make her more upset.
I usually take my jeep to manual car wash, but sometimes I have to get it done in the middle of the week and wearing  social shoes and suit...

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

There are plenty of....ridiculous people around...its nice to avoid them.  No time for there stress or issues.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »
I understand your point, but lets be honest, a JKU with 35's is smaller than a F150 Raptor in terms of dimensions, and if it was a F150 she won't complain, for sure. I'm almost sure that the fact I had mud up to the roof make her more upset.
I usually take my jeep to manual car wash, but sometimes I have to get it done in the middle of the week and wearing  social shoes and suit...

Fair enough. They don't care for all the mud getting on their brushes... But yeah a jk on 35's is probably smaller then a raptor or a super duty...
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:42:53 AM »
I've sent them an e-mail, let's see what happens... In the meanwhile, Noel can take care of his business with them lol.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
i would not have moved and let the police come.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
i would not have moved and let the police come.

I would of done the same,...,
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
I would of done the same,...,

You guys have to remember that I'm here in Canada as a temporary worker (Work Permit) and I'm in the middle of the process to get my Permanent Resident status... this kind of s**t may compromise my whole process and, really, that lady doesn't worth it  ;).

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
And in the end you're on private property. She can do whatever she wants. Your best avenue is with the franchise itself, not the direct owner of that location. The owner can refuse someone for whatever reason they want. The franchise however has an image to protect and will most likely try to make it up to you.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
Good point

Offline steveo xj

• Baby Wheeler
  • the guys
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:27 PM »
hey i fine the touch less car washes work the best just from my times being it in  have got stuck a few times in a car wash from petro an the guy sent me throw it again an something gave me a nother wash an sent me to a nother car wash to try it there an had no problems at the next one
have the new xj  love it 2000 with bumper an fenders 4.5inc lift on 33 dura. the zj for now with 3.5 inc  iron rock

Offline Khamul

• Stocker
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 07:22:37 AM »

Mines lifted with wider stanced 35's and i've never had an issue... I dont like the esso car washes though i must admit..

I use the right hand lane touchless at big bucket in crowfoot...

Many toonies in a wand wash after a run of course..  :-[

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 10:15:49 PM »
I have used that car wash in my f150 many times.   Even after trips to ft Mac and foster creek, truck is usually covered in the tar muskeg.
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts