Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Broken Axle  (Read 3787 times)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Broken Axle
« on: August 07, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »
If this is not the right spot for this comment, please feel free to move it....but since this section talks about dealers, I figure it's as good a place as any.

I've had Broken Axle order a few things for me, and do a couple of repairs on my JK over the past few years, and I've always bee nvery pleased with the workmanship, their communication, and the way I was treated...but what happened last month took the cake.

I was having a few issues with exporting my JK to the USA when I moved to Texas for work. I got in touch with Dave to request that he do some legwork for me (documenting that my Jeep was in compliance with the US safety requirements) and he did it for me - in less than 24 hours, without a second thought. Pretty impressive customer service, especially when he knew full well that I was moving to Texas and it would be a number of years before I was in a position to give him any more business - if ever.

But here's the kicker....he refused to charge me for the time he spent helping me out, even though I offered.

So...if you're looking for a shop to work on your rig that understands Jeeps and Jeep people, and will treat you like you matter, give Dave and his team a call.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:43:56 AM by w squared »
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
Re: Broken Axle
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Dave and eric are great people. Go above and beyond for there customers. Amazing work and fast too
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline ARBXJ

• Winch Wench
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
I take my jeeps to only one place in town and have been treated with respect and courtesy. Dave and Eric and the family make u feel like part of a bigger family of good honest jeep owners. Why? Because they care, Robert

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:34:50 AM »
I took my Hummer there after being recommended by Fraser, despite that Dave was still nice to me, haha  ;D

+1 on the recommendations here, I was really happy with the work he did and you just got the sense that he knew exactly what he was doing and was up front and honest about it. A rare quality in Calgary!
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:34:19 AM »
Well, if they are nice to Hummer owners, I might have to reconsider my earlier endorsement.  ;)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
I get no lov'n around here, haha
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
Thanks Guys!  I really appreciate the feedback!

Hopefully you got your Jeep all exported without any further issues Todd.

And we don't discriminate here...  Even if you have leaf springs... *shudder*  ;)

Dave

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »
Well, thanks to your help Dave, my Jeep is now across the border and should be delivered next week. Thanks!

Offline EEP

• UberWheeler
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »
Dave and Eric are great guys and there is nothing wrong with a hummer  ;D
01 XJ, RE 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front & rear bumper, X2O 8,000 lb winch, 33" MT/R's
, ARB snorkel, lockers and a bunch of other stuff
06 TJ, 2" lift, 31" Goodyear Territory's.
14 JKU, wife's urban 4X4.

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:07 PM »
Dave and Eric are great guys and there is nothing wrong with a hummer  ;D

You're right... I love getting hummers!!!
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Glad to hear it Todd! You are most welcome.