Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New to CJA  (Read 4969 times)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
Like I said... Fat kid on a smartie. Better be careful. Dana's gonna fight for it.

Offline Khamul

• Stocker
Re: New to CJA
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
Sorry guys.... I didn't mean to cause any issues... I was just being honest and i was stating facts. As it was not in regards to the club at hand, i saw no harm is stating those facts.
I realize its not the entire club but what is a person to think when something like that happens. I am a firm believer in trail honor and i trust the people i roll with to have my back if anything ever happens. So yes, maybe i took that a little personally...

If it was a hunch, it never would have been posted.. But no one should be afraid to post facts..

If i over stepped bounds... Just let me know.. More than happy to talk in person on Wednesday and i'll go over it..

Ive seen many moons and dont talk blindly...

But ill buy the first round at the pub if we go to one after in good faith!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:56:52 PM by Khamul »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
Dude, you did nothing wrong at all. Nobody at CJA has got any issue with what you've posted up, or has an issue with you looking to find a group of good people to wheel with. You saw someone from a group engaging in dank-like behaviour, decided that since you're not a dank you don't want to join that group, and found a different group. 'Nuff said.

If there's a delicate flower out there who got their petals in a knot because you posted up the truth, then perhaps that delicate flower should take a look at their own club members instead of blaming a guy who simply introduced himself and said "I hope that you are a good bunch of guys so I can join your group".
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
You're spelling dink incorrectly.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
so now that that's out of the way..........................

so you had a hummer....... did you get sick of seeing people  with those 'if I wanted a hummer I would have called your sister' bumper stickers so you bought a jeep?  LOL

welcome to the 'Just Empty Every Pocket' community. doesn't matter if its brand new; that slogan works on ALL jeep makes.

cheers
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Khamul

• Stocker
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Lol... And the one finger waives....

I actually had good luck on that aspect.. But of course we live in the land of the red neck ;)...

I loved it but mine was a modified H2 so i dont miss the GM issues..... Also dont miss watching the gas gauge...

Loving the jeep so far, just put a front truetrak so done for this year. Lift, bumpers, and fenders were done a month ago.. Plan on a supercharger and new exhaust in the spring..

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
Those stickers RAWK!! I still have a few.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »

I joined the junkies and was out 2 weekends ago with a buddy of mine in his H1 and met up with them at the falls in waiparous. His dashcam caught one of them stealing a locking pin off his hood grill.
 Yes only one guy did it... But about 10 watched... So i say bye to the junkies..

Dave

Thanks guys

I was planning on posting the vid... I actually wanted him to give it to the RCMP but the data got corrupted when he was trying to pull it off the card... So no proof now other than what he saw ... so one word against 10...

So, you did not witness it, you have never seen this video and the video itself was corrupt and not viewable.
ok...
In fairness, we do not KNOW 10 guys actually saw this and therefor did nothing as a dash cam can generalize a group in the distance but not actually decipher if they were all indeed watching this go down. The guy stealing the pin may have blocked the view. A myriad of reasons could claim innocence of 10 people on a dash cam.

Not in anyway saying what you have stated is made up but with no one but the driver of the H1 seeing it on video after the fact, and no one else seeing it, it does seem a tad unfair to blanket point, No?
PS, how did the H1 guy see the video later to see the pin being removed and 10 guys watching, yet the card was corrupt and not viewable.
confused.

PS, i hate thieves.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:31:59 PM by Spinalguy »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Khamul

• Stocker
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
And that is very true which is why I didnt post anything on the junkies and i knew i would get torn apart..

The 10 guys was my point as i was over talking to Bowser and there was a total of 10+ people there roughly... I believe his camera has a screen and we had no idea that happened until after the fact... We drove out slowly trying to find it on the trail assuming it fell out..

Last thing i ever suspected was anyone from the group as i have wheeled for years and have never had any issues out there... Never lock my vehicle, always waive.... Always had a great time with anyone and everyone..

And yes... I trust him completely... Why would he lie... The video caught one of them walking over out of the group, then goes off screen he said, and then saw a hand take the pin from the grill, then saw that same person rejoin the group...

So you are right.... Not 100% incriminating.... But when we are the only ones there..... I think i can safely assume...

And my comment about the others watching is based on a natural assumption that when one leaves the group and walks over to a Hummer...they would watch.... But that one is an assumption... And i have no doubt not all saw and most of the junkies wouldnt approve of that kind of behavior...

End of the day... It happened, not big deal i guess.... But i still don't wheel in company like that...