Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: maclean creek showdown  (Read 5205 times)

Offline XXXj

• Baby Wheeler
  • 93 XJ, Rubicon diffs, 6.5" lift, long arm kit...
maclean creek showdown
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »
hi everyone, i am heading to maclean creek with a couple buddies for an all out fish east fish west tour for sat and sun 13/14 of sept, we are staying overnight roughing it backwoods style, nothing crazy but would like to see if anyone is interested in a weekend adventure or if anyone wants to join in any of the days i can stay in touch and we could meet up, weather is supposed to be decent but i guess you suckers got a pile of snow down in calgary area so this should make the trails interesting, please let me know what your thoughts are, we are going to be pretty well equipt with winches/ lockers etc.
Ty&Tory.
We stay ready to go...

Offline XXXj

• Baby Wheeler
Re: maclean creek showdown
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:34:26 PM »
looking around it looks like there is the flex event going on sunday, meeting at the store at maclean creek for 930am, very cool might try to meet up with that crew
Ty&Tory.
We stay ready to go...

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:36 AM »
People are coming down from the ponoka flex event to wheel Mclean sunday??
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline XXXj

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
this i am not sure of, but there is a page on the website from the dealership that shows the events going on and the one spot shows eric from broken axle leading the trip on sunday at 930, so im not sure if people are venturing down or not, i also have my wheeling idea posted on the 4low.ca but my notice was short, so i dont expect anybody to join me, be cool tho
Ty&Tory.
We stay ready to go...

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:56:26 AM »
Ty i think Erics planning something along the lines of fish east. i'm sure he'll post up
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »
yesterday at Maclean...
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 02:41:31 PM »
Haha. Looks like marshmallows

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:26 PM »
People are coming down from the ponoka flex event to wheel Mclean sunday??

There is a trip being planned for Prairie Creek area, but we figured not everyone would want to stay overnight in Red Deer  so a Calgary run has been planned as well.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »
Fish east with 6 inches of marshmallow on top of the soup may be interesting. Have fun!
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
Looks like Fun....

Offline XXXj

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 10:43:43 PM »
was an awesome day, small turnout but if i remember correctly there was 5 of us, three tjs and 2 cherokees, good times, my buddy backed into a tree and poked a pretty good hole into his fiber top on his lj, other than that we did really good and covered quite a bit of ground.................over all a good day!!
Ty&Tory.
We stay ready to go...

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »
was an awesome day, small turnout but if i remember correctly there was 5 of us, three tjs and 2 cherokees, good times, my buddy backed into a tree and poked a pretty good hole into his fiber top on his lj, other than that we did really good and covered quite a bit of ground.................over all a good day!!

Nice!

I saw you guys roll by our campsite around 10:30 and then I think I saw you at the store later in the day....I was in a red XJ.

We had a shitty day wheelin as a trail we ran had a bad washout from the creek and after 2 of us got past it our buddy's rear tire slipped in and he rolled into the creek. Thankfully he walked away mostly unscathed, wish we could say the same for his XJ.  :(
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »
Nice!

I saw you guys roll by our campsite around 10:30 and then I think I saw you at the store later in the day....I was in a red XJ.

We had a shitty day wheelin as a trail we ran had a bad washout from the creek and after 2 of us got past it our buddy's rear tire slipped in and he rolled into the creek. Thankfully he walked away mostly unscathed, wish we could say the same for his XJ.  :(

We played on some mud trails all day. Was a lot of fun. I thought I saw your red Xj at that campsite, we should have stopped by for bacon and eggs ;D
Which Xj rolled? The bad-luck Xj you were telling me about?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
We played on some mud trails all day. Was a lot of fun. I thought I saw your red Xj at that campsite, we should have stopped by for bacon and eggs ;D
Which Xj rolled? The bad-luck Xj you were telling me about?

Yes you should have!  :)

Yup, the one that always breaks on us. We just finished welding and plating the front unibody on Friday with a Rusty's steering box kit after the steering box tore off a couple weeks back. Must be the universe's way of telling us to start fresh....  :o

Offline EEP

• UberWheeler
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
Is that the one my old rims went on?

01 XJ, RE 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front & rear bumper, X2O 8,000 lb winch, 33" MT/R's
, ARB snorkel, lockers and a bunch of other stuff
06 TJ, 2" lift, 31" Goodyear Territory's.
14 JKU, wife's urban 4X4.