Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 06 KJ CRD Timing Belt  (Read 1764 times)

Offline nealio

• Stocker
06 KJ CRD Timing Belt
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »
Howdy folks,
I just got sticker shock when shop quoted 3K for timing belt job on my 06 crd liberty.  Anyone recommend any place in Southern Alberta that can do it for less than 2k?

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:07:10 AM »
Omfg. That's like buying a used car. Call broken axle. Dave and Eric should be able to set you up. Or you can call our resident used car lot owner Jackstand Johnny, and see what he's got this week. Lol

Offline nealio

• Stocker
Re: 06 KJ CRD Timing Belt
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
Emailed Broken axle, they dont touch diesels anymore...Use dagger they say...Mark at dagger says use lithium...lithium gave me the quote...back to sqaure 1.  Big dawG? does anyone have the tools and want to play supervisor while I do this myself? Or does anyone know a good country mechanic that will puter at this and get it done for me?

Offline corsjeep

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »
Good country mechanic I know of is PHD in Strathmore, talk to Harold, not scared to take on jobs like this and great guy to deal with. Honest with good rates.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »
You can come and do it at my place. I can lend a and here and there but wont be able to do the whole thing as I have a ton of crap on the go. But for sure there are all the tools we need to get it done.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline nealio

• Stocker
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Folks, thanks for all the help.  Found a wonderful mech in Cochrane did the whole job under $900
[email protected]
www.escperformance.ca

The customer service here is great!