Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CT4WD... Dead  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
CT4WD... Dead
« on: October 19, 2014, 01:32:06 PM »
I was surprised to learn that they shut down the CT4WD Association (Toyota) a few days ago: the boards are totally frozen.

http://www.ct4wd.com/forum/showthread.php?8769-The-End-of-CT4WD&p=112610#post112610

Kind of crappy, they were a really responsible and well organized club. Also one of the most active in Calgary with a huge number of local members. I think as a 4x4 community as a whole, we were better with them than without
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:34:02 PM by Sugarphreak »
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
That's a shame.  Just read Nathan's post and sounds like there was a bunch of drama over the last year.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: CT4WD... Dead
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 02:45:18 PM »
I was surprised to learn that they shut down the CT4WD Association (Toyota) a few days ago: the boards are totally frozen.

http://www.ct4wd.com/forum/showthread.php?8769-The-End-of-CT4WD&p=112610#post112610

Kind of crappy, they were a really responsible and well organized club. Also one of the most active in Calgary with a huge number of local members. I think as a 4x4 community as a whole, we were better with them than without

There seemed to be a large following. I know we had a bunch of them them come to our shop over the years. Only issues I heard were strict rules on who can join trail runs and strict rules on who can fix people's vehicles... Very odd rules, maybe overbearing.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:13:30 PM »
In order to go on an official run, you needed to be a member and do their course(s)... which was a bit pricey given must of us just like to get out and hit the trails for free. One of the main complaints I heard from others was people would sign up for a membership and then find out courses were not being run frequently (or cancelled last minute) so they couldn't go on the official runs sometimes for months on end.

That said, while I never joined their club officially, I did unofficial runs with them from time to time. I think the majority of the people signed up on their site did this, just too much hassle otherwise.
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline cjust

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
In order to go on an official run, you needed to be a member and do their course(s)... which was a bit pricey given must of us just like to get out and hit the trails for free. One of the main complaints I heard from others was people would sign up for a membership and then find out courses were not being run frequently (or cancelled last minute) so they couldn't go on the official runs sometimes for months on end.

That said, while I never joined their club officially, I did unofficial runs with them from time to time. I think the majority of the people signed up on their site did this, just too much hassle otherwise.
that sounds too complicated...
J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »

Not sure who ran the club/forum but maybe they just didn't have the time. Either way there's enough Toyota guys out there to form a club. I'm sure something will come of it soon enough.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »
Just for a FYI CT4WD was never a club or association, it was a business that Nathan ran that you became a member of, like Costco. He kept this under the rug for a long time and tied a club bow around it. This all came out when people started asking where there dues where going. The short answer was his pocket. I have no issues putting this out there he may deny it or fight back what whatever it is gone lots of good people where part of it. I think thumbs up would be the proper hand signal for them. ;)

Now out of Edmonton and growing has come TEAoA  http://forum.teaoa.ca/index.php for the Toyota guys that move around here. Really Good bunch of guys small club right now but there feet are on the ground and climbing the uphill battle. If I ever get my FJ-40 done I will be out with it.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.